Why are cigarettes addictive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are cigarettes addictive?

Why is it hard to quit smoking, are cigarette sort of drugs? And can anyone tell me why smoking is considered cool.

If smoking is so bad for you, why is it so hard to quit?

Comment

Smoking initiates many processes in the body. As nicotine enters, the endorphin is released and you are actually becoming high. Yes these are sort of drugs which have obvious symptoms like becoming anxious, sweating and feeling of physical illness on removal. But you can easily give-up this habit. I found a good e-book on “Smoking Cessation” . Concerning cigarettes being cool, I don’t agree with you. What I feel is that some great personalities fall victim to this habit making it look cool which is surely a myth.
      Last edited by Manne; 02-27-2009, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Smoking is certainly injurious for one and all. Quitting smoking is no tough but it needs just the firm determination.
        Luxury beach resorts
        Luxury hotels in Paris

Comment

Smoke contains nicotine, an extremely addictive substance. The symptom, when you try to quit, is that you feel empty - and nothing can take the place of nicotine, you have to stand that emptiness until addiction is over.

Smoke is considered cool because of clever marketing tactics followed by tobacco companies. As you can understand, there can be nothing cool in taking a package filled with drug and poisons and putting it into your mouth.
          Weekend Breaks Wales

Comment

the component of cigarette that makes it addictive is nicotine.. the body gets dependent on the daily intake of this chemical, its craving for nicotine gets stronger as a person smokes more every day..

there are medicines which contain low doses of nicotine so that when they are taken the body adapts to a decreasing craving for the chemical..
            Philippine Travel Destinations - Philippines Travel Guide

Comment

I think that the best way to get people stop smoking is to make them not start smoking. I have to admit that I started out smoking when I was still in high school and I wanted to do it cause everyone was doing it. then it became or trendy and addictive now its difficult to stop it. if the youth has been properly educated about the dangers of smoking and how uncool its gonna get in the future. I think we can stop a lot of youngsters to get into the bad habit.
              Australian ETA

Comment

Cigarette tobacco contains nicotine, yes, a highly addictive drug.The human body gets hooked and then craves it.Smoke the implementation of many processes in the body. Like nicotine, endorphin release it, and you are really strong. Nicotine floods the reward receptors.Over time the body slows down production of those chemicals and thus builds dependency on the nocotine.
                4gb cf card

Comment

As you know that cigarettes have Nicotin, which makes you to have it again and again for the temporary relaxation.

Comment

Nicotine is addictive. Maybe smoking was looked at as being cool many years ago, but not now.
                    Brampton Limousine | Mississauga Limousine

Comment

Why are cigarettes addictive?

Smoking is very harmful for people. It is not good for health. If you traveling then you should do not cigarettes smoking because it is affected to other people so it is not good for other people health.

Comment

Nicotine in cigarette smoke affects mood and performance and is the source of addiction to tobacco.
                        Hotels In Nottingham

Comment

I think,
                          I come in habit of human nature.
                          thanks
                          Conference Venues | Conference Retreat | Corporate Accommodation

Comment

Because It have nicotine and the Nicotine is so injurious for health.
                            restaurant stratford upon avon

Comment

Cigarette is very dangerous. If you started smoke cigarettes you can't leave it easily. Cigarette contains many Tobacco in it. There is the nicotine in tobacco and nicotine is one of the reason for cancer.
                              acai | eye drops | chocolate greens

Comment

Working...
                              X