No announcement yet.

Can Someone Give Me Some Interesting Historical Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After fall of Napolen there was problem with Dutchy of Warsaw. Russia taked its territory and had to do something with polish dreams about independence. On Congress of Vienna Russia, Prussia and Great Britain signed resolution about Polish Kingdom under Russian protection.
    In 1830 Cadets from military academy started uprising against Russia. After a year of battles, uprising falled. Polish intelligence had to emigrate (especially to France).
    Car rental in Poland

Comment

January Uprising - is the second polish uprising against Russia. People was fighting as partizants. But it also falls. The fall of January uprising is also fall of Polish Kingdom. From this time it wil be only russian province.
      See more: January Uprising - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
      Car rental in Poland

Comment

11.11.1918 - do you know this date? In this day I World War was ended. Why is it so important for Poland? Independance ladies and gentlemen, independance. After 123 years!
        How? Russia Austira and Germany (earlier Prussia) were very nerveless after war. Also Aliants (especially USA) wanted to make a new, safer Europe. In this time many countries became independent.
        Car rental in Poland

Comment

1918-independence and 1920-next war with Russia. Why? Because of borders. We have to fight with our neighbours for territory even after I World War. With Germans: in uprisings in Silesia and Great Poland. With Russians - on the east (war).
          15.08.1920 is the most important date in polish and european history. In this day polish army (that were losing with Russians) defended Warsaw against Red Army. It was great military success. Why it is so important for Europe? Propably if Warsaw felt, Red Army wolud continue conquer of Europe. Battle of Warsaw is also called Miracle at the Vistula. Why? Read two links:
          Battle of Warsaw (1920) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
          Polish
          15 August is also the Polish Army Day.
          Car rental in Poland

Comment

1st September 1939 - I don't have to tell you a lot about this date. Early morning Hitler attacked Poland. That's how started II World War. Polish goverment was the first which told "stop" for German agression. We were alliants of Great Britain and France. They also became in war with Germans but didn't do anything. After a month of fights, polish army captured.
            See: World War II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
            Car rental in Poland

Comment

17 days after german invasion, Soviet Army attact Poland from another side. Poland captured. Germans and Russians cooperated to June 1941. After that Russia became one of Aliants (after German invasion). See the pictures and documents from 17.09.1939: http://www.ipn.gov.pl/portal/en/23/2...on_Poland.html
              Car rental in Poland

Comment

Warsaw Uprising (1.08.1944) - people from Warsaw was fighting against Germans for two months. I think i don't have to write a lot about it. If you don't know - see wikipedia. If you want to see more, just use google->pictures and write "warsaw uprising". And also "city of ruins" on YouTube (reconstruction of Warsaw after Uprising).
                Car rental in Poland

Comment

The end of war (8.05.1945) didn't mean a full independence for Poland. It started soviet occupation. Later - goverment of communist. Walkouts, killing striking workers etc, etc.
                  Full independence came to POland in 1989, when communism falls. In this year also another countries from Central Europe became free.

And that was the polish history in very, very short version. It's only a draft. Many things weren't said. I have you think to come to Poland and go sightseeing with a guide
                  Car rental in Poland

Comment

Boston Tea Party-1773
                    The Industrial Revolution
                    Invasion of Poland by Germany- 1939
                    The Renaissance
                    The Reformation
                    Last edited by makeindia; 12-05-2016, 03:31 AM.
                    same day taj mahal tour by train | Golden Triangle Tour with Varanasi and Khajuraho | delhi jaipur same day tour by train

Comment

Well guys I will must say that all of your posts are really nice and full of informative stuff. I got quite interesting stuff about the history of Poland. Which is quite interesting to me. now I would like to share this stuff with my fellows too. they will also get beneficial knowledge by our posts. Now I will discuss Battle of Grunwald with my uncle when he will be back from his niagara falls tour from boston. I am sure he will also convey interesting knowledge to me.

Comment

Our world is full of amazing stories just waiting to be shared and discovered. Researchers, historians, and archaeologists have given us so much information about our collective past, and many times what we learn is simply mind-blowing! Here’s a list of surprising history facts for kids that you can share in your classroom. Some of these are absolutely incredible!

​Hearing aid dealers in Chennai

Comment

The whole world and our country is rich in interesting facts about the history and the time that has gone past. If you are curious about knowing exciting history facts, about what happened in the past even before your grandparents were born, then you are at the right place. Here in this blog, we will be sharing with you the most interesting information about human history and mind-boggling facts from the whole world. So are you ready to know and be amazed by the 50 interesting history facts you never knew before, then read on!

Eddy current training in chennai

Comment

Working...
                          X