Can Someone Give Me Some Interesting Historical Facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Someone Give Me Some Interesting Historical Facts

I already know about Auswitz, the German invasion, and all of that! Anyone have anything else? Like before the war! Also anything from medevil times or ancient and even prehistoric Poland would be interesting!

Oh, i can write many, many books, about polish history.
    Maybe for today - Wien battle. You say "Hay! Wien is the capital city of Autria!" and you have right. In 1683 turkish muslims wanted to destroy christian Europe. At first they had to conquer Habsburg's Empire (they were neighborhoods). Autria had to less soldiers to defend so they asked all the christians for help. The polish king - Jan III Sobieski took a comand upon all european soldiers and went to Wien. Then he won the battle and destroyed turkish army.
    It was the most important battle in history of Europe.
    I wrote about it, because in few days we'll can see the film about it in cinemas.
    Car rental in Poland

Comment

we'll can see the film about it in cinemas.

Comment

Yes, that's why I wrote about it
        Car rental in Poland

Comment

For today - Baptism of Poland. I've alrready written about it, but admin deleted my post...
          From this date (966) we talk about Poland as a country. Duce Mieszko get married with Czech princess Dobrava and take baprism with people from his court. See more i.e. on wikipedia. But remember - this is firs date in hisoty of Poland (as a country). Earlier we talk about tribes, not nation.
          Car rental in Poland

Comment

First king of Poland was Boleslaw Chrobry (the Valiant). He was a son of Mieszko I. He became a king in 1025 and died in the same year. He conquerd for Poland (for short time) Slovakia, Moravia, Red Ruthenia, Meissen and Lusatia as well as Bohemia.
            Today we can see many statues of him. Also many streets and school have his name.
            Car rental in Poland

Comment

Very painful step of polish history today.
              King Boleslaw Krzywousty (Wrymouth) had brother Zbigniew. They had to fight for power in country with Sieciech - boss of goverment. They won this fight. After that, they start to fight with eachother. Boleslaw won. After that he knew, what could happen, after his dead (he had 4 sons - one of them were born after Boleslaws' dead). So he wrote Statue of succession (in 1138).
              Althought, Boleslaw sons started to fight between themselves for whole power. So in 1138 became fragmentation of Polish Kingdom (for 200 years).
              Car rental in Poland

Comment

1320 - this is a date which end fragmentation of Polish Kingdom. In this year Wladyslaw Lokietek became king of whole Poland, after he had conquerd opposition.
                In 1331 was battle upon Plowce - the first battle with - Teutonic Order of Holy Mary in Jerusalem, wich was won by Poland.
                Car rental in Poland

Comment

Teutonic Order of Holy Mary in Jerusalem was very strong in 14th century. There were many wars between it and Poland. In 1410 polish king Wladyslaw Jagiello won the Grunwald battle. The power of Order broked. It is one of the most important battles in polish history.
                  Car rental in Poland

Comment

Before Grunwald battle, Poland and Lithuania became almost one country. They wanted to fight with Teutonic together and made union in Krewo in 1385. They were still separated countries, but had one king. It was the first from six unions between Poland and Lithuania. Look on the map, how big countries they was:
                    Plik:Polska 1386 - 1434.png
                    Car rental in Poland

Comment

I only want t say you, that I'm writing only short informations. If you want more - ask aunt wikipedia. Hope I'm giving you some questions for her
                      Car rental in Poland

Comment

1525 - in this year the country of Teutonic Order ends. Grand Master Albrecht von Hohenzollern became a Diuk of Prussia. He also made tribute and swore allegiance to King Sigismund I the Old in the Kraków's market square.
                        Is it a victory of polish king? I don't think so. It was political mistake - king sholud destroy Pussia and incorporate the lands. Later this tribute will give us trabble.
                        Jan Matejko, who painted Prussian Homage knew about it. Look on the picture: there is a jester. He is...Jan Matejko! And he is not as entusiastic, as other people. He lived in XIX century and knew, that it wasn't good event for Poland.
                        File:Prussian Homage.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                        Car rental in Poland

Comment

When Poland and Lithuania became one country? In 1569. It was very good step for Lithuania (help with wars on the east, poish low for lithuanian oligarcy) but wasn't for Poland, although large borders (File:Irp1569.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). These countries were one to 1795 (end of polish monarchy and country for 123 years).
                          Car rental in Poland

Comment

Between 1795 and 1918 there were no polish county. It was parcelated between Russia, Prussia and Austria. So - what we were doing for 123 years? You will see. But first: look on the map:
                            Car rental in Poland

Comment

Polish soldiers were helping Napoleon Bonaparte. When he conquerd Middle Europe, he gave us some territory. Between 1807 and 1815 we had there Duchy of Warsaw - small country under protection of France. It ends with Napoleon's fall.
                              Duchy of Warsaw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                              Car rental in Poland

Comment

Working...
                              X