Palawan Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Palawan Island

Palawan is composed of the long and narrow Palawan Island, plus a number of other smaller islands surrounding the main island. The Calamianes Group of Islands, to the northwest consists of Busuanga Island, Culion Island, and Coron Island. Durangan Island almost touches the westernmost part of Palawan Island, while Balabac Island is located off the southern tip, separated from Borneo by the Balabac Strait. In addition, Palawan covers the Cuyo Islands in the Sulu Sea. The disputed Spratly Islands, located a few hundred kilometers to the west is considered part of Palawan by the Philippines, and is locally called the Kalayaan Group of Islands.

Palawan's almost 2,000 kilometers (1,200 mi) of irregular coastline are dotted with 1,780 islands and islets, rocky coves, and sugar-white sandy beaches. It also harbors a vast stretch of virgin forests that carpet its chain of mountain ranges. The mountain heights average 3,500 feet (1,100 m) in altitude, with the highest peak rising to 6,843 feet (2,086 m) at Mount Matalingahan. The vast mountain areas are the source of valuable timber. The terrain is a mix of coastal plain, craggy foothills, valley deltas, and heavy forest interspersed with riverine arteries that serve as irrigation

"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it"
    computer repairs Melbourne
    Limousine hire Melbourne

Consistent information you have provided thanks.
    Rick Carl
    Caribbean cruises

Comment

i've been to most parts of the Philippines except Palawan and northern Luzon.. one of my medium-term goals is to visit El Nido.. Looking at the pictures, the island looks amazing.. i have to go there! I must!
      Philippine Travel Destinations - Philippines Travel Guide

Comment

someday when I will have my own money, I will surely visit Palawan...it has the nicest beaches and the most beatiful travel spots...
        Free airfare tickets, Cheap flight tickets, free airfare flight reservations

Comment

haha... someday 2.. when i have my own money...
          im fron Cebu..
          have you gon here???

Comment

Palawan ?

Pahlawan is a malay word which means Warrior.

wonder if its the same.
            Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

it surely has some of the best beaches in the world.. although, some of them are yet undiscovered, Palawan has risen near the top of the tourism list in Asia..
              Philippine Travel Destinations - Philippines Travel Guide

Comment

Nice information you shared us. Yes, Palawan is a perfect heaven with a tantalizingly calm atmosphere and nature themes of tropical bliss. It is a fine getaway for releasing the life pressure. Tourist comes to there for its beaches, hot springs, waterfalls, caves, dive sites and other ecotourism destinations.
                The popular sites are the Underground River, Tigman Beach, Manikit Hot Springs, Estrella Falls, Mangit Cave, and Miniloc Island Lagoons.
                Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts

Comment

The Emmy Award winning TV show Amazing Race was able to shoot in Palawan in one of its episodes.

Comment

Palawan is one of the tourist spots in philippines and many of the tourist enjoy the green nature of Palawan and enjoy the breeze of the beach
                    tourist spots in the philippines

Comment

Your post is worth reading. I really enjoyed your sharing. I was not aware about Palawan Island. But after read your valuable post it seems I should visit this wonderful place on my next trip. Cheap Campervan Hire Sydney
                      I would like to go on holidays with Cheap Campervan Rental

Comment

One thing comes into my mind when I heard the place Palawan the "underground river...
                        Wayfarer Beach House

Comment

Underground river is the best! wow, i can't wait for the next long weekend to visit Palawan!!
                          NationalVisas.com - USA Visa and ESTA Information Online.

Comment

I definitely agree that Palawan is one of the best tourist spots in the Philippines specially when it comes to underground river it really looks amazing.
                            Families should book their boracay island getaway at 7Stones Boracay Suites. It offers you nothing less than the luxury resort in boracay and exclusivity of a perfect boracay beach resort getaway.

Comment

truly! Palawan is a real paradise for everyone especially for the residents and for the people who frequently visited the place. You can perform various water activities within the beaches like snorkeling and diving on the clear blue waters

Comment

Working...
                              X