Carrying a Laptop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying a Laptop?

The travelocity notice that I got when I booked my tickets says that laptops are not permitted as carry on any more. Is this true? There is no way that a laptop could be checked because the baggage handlers would have it smashed to pieces. I need my computer for the trip.

I don't think so. My uncle always travel with his laptop.

Comment

But did he have to check it? Or was he allowed to carry it on with him? Checking it just seems too great a risk.

Comment

As far as I know, he was allowed to travel it with him. My uncle leave yesterday back to US and he freely carried his laptop with him. I think it only depends your destination.

Comment

I dont have laptop.
          So, I have not yet gone in travel with laptop yet.
          But it would be a great fun to go in travel with laptop.

Comment

Thank you Aima. I'd like to hear that others still were allowed to.

Kisna, it would not be fun at all if they made you check it, because the baggage handlers are rough to say the least. It would be smashed to pieces.

Comment

Even if not checked, it's still a risk (and one I have to take.) Think of all the turbulence.

Comment

I wonder are people do people have Internet access in Air plane?
                sorry, its a silly question, but I've never used laptop, so I don't know much.

Comment

The last flight I was on, only a few months back, one or two people had Laptop's with them. I guess it could depend on the company.
                  M&M was here!
                  City of the Tribes

Comment

My laptop was checked but at the same time, I was allowed to carry it on.

Comment

Well, here in my country Nepal, we are allowed to carry laptop. It is no problem. Have you asked why carrying laptop is problem in your country?

Comment

I never knew that you couldn't carry laptops here. I haven't had any problems with getting on the plane with mine.

Comment

I don,t think so most of the people carry out their laptop with them
                          Sports Physical Therapy

Comment

No problem with laptops on board! I always use my laptop on a plane, watching a movie or listening to music. A lot of business travelers work on airplanes.

As for airplane Internet connexion, some luxury carriers offer a restricted internet access
                            Travel Directory | Dedicated SEO consultant

Comment

A laptop during a long flight can fight the huge boredom of flying

Just watch a movie or listen to your favorite mp3 songs.
                              Administrator

Comment

Working...
                              X