Favorite kinds of travel books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite kinds of travel books?

I LOVE Lonely Planet. Something about it is just really helpful. I also use Frommer's.

Ha, I opened up this thread to say I love Lonely Planet as well.

I've also noticed a new travel book that looks like a little black sketch book. I can't think of its name, but it's cute and doesn't look touristy.

Comment

I have used Frommer's in the past, but now I use whatever I find at my AAA office. I get a pretty good discount on books there, and I get maps for free from the office.

Comment

Travel Fiction Rules

I love to read fiction set in my travel location. Autobiographical stuff works for me too. I want to get into someones mind that was perhaps living there at a certain time, and learn about the culture and history that way. Much better than travel guides. This site recommends books for locations this way. TrekLit - Travel Literature Book Club

Comment

i also loce to read during travel but it is not something just specific, it depends upon the mood
          Hotel London

Comment

I liked timeline, by Crichton. I have not read much time travel, but will look at the library for some of the selections mentioned!

Comment

hello

i like travel pod and independenttravler it help me lot to search out.
              property in Mohali

Comment

I like Lonely Plane, but for the relaxation I preffer detective stories
                These icons are the best!

Comment

Recommendations

I can really recommend Make the Most of Your Time on Earth: a Rough Guide to the World by Rough Guides. It's got stunning photography, and a romantic style of writing that will whet anyone's appetite for travel. I'd be interested to read anyone else's travel book reviews too!

Isobel
                  Books Quarterly

Comment

So many good travel books out there... for something funny, I like J Maarten Troost, his titles are a little crazy: Sex Lives of Cannibals, Getting Stoned with Savages. Writes about life in tropical places.

For the lovely Italian life, nothing is better than A Year in Provence, by Peter Mayle.

A classic writer is Paul Bowles, though I find his work pretty ethnocentric.
                    I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag

Comment

Most of the time when I travel then Fodor's Frommer's books have to read, they are quite good written and easy to understand. I wonder if I could get the latest travel books lonely planet, I heard a lot about it but didn’t get it to read but I also think that most of the people will choose best travel book is lonely planet. I have to read it to find out.

Best Travel Books

Comment

I can really suggest Make the Most of Your Time on Earth: a Difficult Information to the World by Difficult Courses. It's got gorgeous photography, and a enchanting style of composing that will stimulate your hunger for take a trip. I'd be fascinated to study anyone else's take a trip publication opinions too!
                        New York City Hotel

Comment

Nice information here.
                          thanks
                          restaurant stratford upon avon

Comment

Here are some great books, which are good for reading while you are on travelling.

1. The girl with dragon view
                            2. On the road, which is awesome book and my favorite one as well.
                            Many owner come to Lone Mountain Truck Leasing to start their own semi truck leasing business.

Comment

I enjoyed timetable, by Crichton. I have not perused much time travel, yet will search at the library for a portion of the determinations specified!
                              Get premium Airport Transfers cars services at best rates in London.

Comment

Working...
                              X