Do you read map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you read map?

I can not. I feel so poor but it is my poor mind that is not catchy. I dont know the reason but I really lost when someone starts to teach me how to read map.

Reading maps is very easy for me, and they are definitely a necessity. I don't know how you get around somewhere new without reading a map. I can only imagine how hard that would be.

Comment

It depends on the map! I usually prefer the not-so-technical maps like this London Subway Map. I can't do the complicated maps. I think only geologists and engineers can do that.
      Last edited by Janice; 08-25-2008, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Great easy to use maps!

I just got back from trips to Paris, Washington DC and Chicago. For each of them I used a very original and useful line of maps. Filled with great information, illustrations and quirky comments, MapEasy maps are a great find! They are the type of map that would result if you wrote all your favorite finds on a map of where you visited. I bought my first one years ago (Venice) and have used them ever since. The handdrawings of landscape & monuments (ie, Eiffel Tower, White House, Wills Tower, etc..) made it easy to orient myself and are beautiful to look at. And the colored icons and text made it easy to find shops, restaurants/cafes, transit stations, post offices, ATMs, museums, etc.... I've never seen a map like it. It has an alternative feel to it, like the kind of map you'd find in Whole Foods store. I love them. When in Paris I looked for "the Angel on the side of building at 57 Rue de Turbigo" as noted on the map. I stood beneath the building but I failed to spot the angel. I gave up and crossed the street. As I went to go down the metro stop stairs, I looked up and was shocked to see that the Angel was a bas relief across the entire height of the building. What a sight! I got some great photos of it. I never would've found it without MapEasy. Sometimes I swear those maps are treasure maps. I highly recommend them if you like to explore the ins & outs of a city.
        Now I hear they are starting to put the maps on iphone as apps. I saw only one on the iTunes store (Washington DC) and bought it. Great to be able to have everything on the map right in the palm of my hand! Now they just have to offer more cities as iphone applications (they have 73 MapEasy city maps).

Comment

few instances would require us to use them, then it becomes easy. frustrating if we just need to. When I' m really not into it, it becomes similar to an abstract picture.
          Last edited by jennychic; 12-29-2009, 02:32 AM.
          motorhome hire USA | camper rental new zealand

Comment

Well, I depend on the maps.
            thanks
            Hotels In Nottingham

Comment

Working...
            X