Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best DSLR for travel photography?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best DSLR for travel photography?

I want to get into travel photography in particular and want to know want to know wether there is a particular make of camera that is good for these conditions. I want clear, high quality, images as i will be taking pictures of animals, places, people and colour will be the main theme.

I want a well built, and professional quality camera which i can work with and learn about in more detail.

Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc which one.

I should think that it is the person behind the camera that matters the most.

Thanks
    valuepointdistribution.com

There are a number of good brands so don't be sold on the idea one brand is better than another. I would keep your costs down. I would get a DSLR with a short zoom (like a 18-55mm) to start. I made a list of 4 cameras below, and included a great higher end full frame camera, the Nikon D700 that has the bigger full frame sensor and fantastic higher ISO range which could be priceless if doing travel photography.

Below, I listed some links, the first link listed below is to a web page that lists the 4 DSLR cameras I am recommending. This list will let you compare features and specs, also it has links to reviews of the cameras, the reviews include sample images from the cameras. Also I included some links to some dealers so that you can try and get the best price. Some dealers have some nice extras, free shipping is very common, and sometimes they are offering a free memory card and/or camera bag. Sometimes you have to click in the “add to cart” button to see the actual price.

Here are some models that I think are well worth researching including estimated price range:

Nikon D90 10MP DSLR Digital Camera with 18-55mm VR Lens - $900
    EOS Rebel XSi (1000D) 10MP DSLR Digital Camera Kit w/18-55mm IS Lens - $575
    Pentax K-x 12MP DSLR with 18-55mm Zoom (has HD Video also) - $485 to $525
    Nikon D700 10MP DSLR Digital Camera with short zoom Lens - $3200 to $3700 (a real step up)

Pick a price range, some features you know you want, and even consider which camera feels good in your hand as a factor. Plenty of great cameras, get one you like and start learning the principles of photography and you will be on your way to making some great images.

Most people go with Nikon or Canon but, I think the Pentax could be of special interest, since it can do HD video and has excellent quality at higher ISO settings which can be useful in low light places and helping get the picture. These features, especially the HD video, on a Nikon or Canon will cost you $100 to $200 more.

If you have any questions and if you think I can be of help then please do contact me. I am a photo professor who travels when time allows, below is my website if you want to see some work from my travels.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    israel tours

Comment

We have so many options to choose the perfect one Digital camera. There are different specifications as well according to people's interest & profession. Nikon is truly best in DSLR and you can choose any of its model according to your budget and needs.
      codigo promocional

Comment

Well, there are many best DSLR available in market for travel photography. However, its important to make sure that you are using the right skills and techniques to shoot the best pictures.
        wedding videography Brisbane

Comment

If want to take the beautiful and amazing photos while on travelling, then you must need to choose the best camera and photo printer. Choose equipment for travel photography that has a great features for the clean, beautiful and impressive photo capturing and printing.
          passport photo printer melbourne

Comment

You can purchase any latest range of Canon EOS Cameras. I am using a Canon EOS 600d DSLR and have the beautiful images on the tour of the Corbet National Park.
            Bus Booking, Volvo Bus

Comment

For high quality landscape you might want medium format film.
              Or else I love the actual Leica M9; it is quite small along with makes superb photographs. Leica a glass is usually excellent and it is just about all guide book and that means you have got lots to find out.
              Top Places to Visit
              Top Places to Visit

Comment

Working...
              X