Pen pals as way to learn a foreign language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pen pals as way to learn a foreign language

Have you tried to learn or get better at a language by having a foreign pen pal?

Did it work?

I have not tried this yet, but I kind of thought about it. I'm taking German classes at my university, so a German pen pal could really help me to learn the language better, and to learn more about the culture there.

Comment

Pen pals as way to learn a foreign language

Studies have shown that how you learn a foreign language impacts whether or not you will actually follow through it. Obviously, if you get bored before you’ve put in the required time and effort, you’re not going to learn much of the language at all. So let’s address the facts that help determine whether you’re going to stick with your goal of learning a foreign language or not.

First things first, you are going to need positive feedback. That means you need a way to measure your goal of learning the new language. Whether this includes tracking your progress or actually trying to speak the language with someone fluent in it doesn’t matter. What does matter is that you have a way to gauge that you’re really learning. Otherwise you may get frustrated and give up long before you get anywhere at all.

Secondly, you need to follow a step-by-step course that progresses from easy to hard. It should also do this slowly. Again, the reason you want to learn a foreign language in this manner is so you do not get too frustrated.

The problem with early frustration is that it steers people toward giving up. If you don’t see any progress in the early stages, you may not feel like you can accomplish your goal at all. Obviously, if you don’t think your goal is achievable after all, chances are good you’ll give up.
      car zone

Comment

hello

its help me lot to knowledge about the language and also more important tips so i think so also more things there
        thanks
        property in Mohali

Comment

pen pals are not practical these days because of the advent of new technology like e-mails and cellular phone.. these are very good alternatives to learning a foreign language.
          Philippine Travel Destinations - Philippines Travel Guide

Comment

Making pen pal is quiet common in this world of technology and it works, you can better learn a foreign language using this.
            data security
            database security issues
            database security requirements

Comment

Working...
            X