Budget while travelling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget while travelling

What is your budget when you're on vacation?

I know this doesn't say much and its different for destinations in the 3rd world as you will get much cheaper around places. But how does it look? and where have you been?
    Administrator

This is a fairly hard question to answer, because of the huge number of variables.

My first trip to America, most of my budget was spent on tickets ($2000) and hotels (about $90 a night in the cheaper places and up to $300 for the weekend I spent in a nicer place). I was there for a total of 17 nights.

On top of that I probably took and spent about a thousand on food, fuel, tickets and so on for the things that I did.

UK vacations on the other hand (Wales for instance) I would hope on spending no more than about $800 in total.

Comment

Traveling in the U.S. I would say is virtually impossible without $50+ a day. Even then, you would really sacrifice comfort and possibly safety.

Comment

Unless that fifty excludes your accomodation, I would say even that is impossible. Most hotels and motels only start about $60 if you are in a cheap location, and go up into the hundreds.

Comment

Well if your idea of fun is McDonalds and the Motel 6, it is somewhat possible. But yeah, I'd recommend $100 for sure.

Comment

I have no idea of UK and USA. They sound just costly for me. However I could tell about beautiful country Nepal, for 17 nights you $500 is enough. You will get good food and good hotel in that price.

Comment

If I go to the Carribean, I like to purchse all inclusives.

This way there is no need to worry about budget while on the trip.

Jersey Shore Rentals | Beach Rentals

Comment

There's no easy answer

There are so many variables that come into the picture

1) What's your income, what can you afford, once a year or once every few months
                2) What's your idea of a vacation, a budget vacation, or would you rather splurge.
                3) Alone or with family
                4) Most importantly, where do you wish to go, you can have beautiful beaches for cheap in Asia and some great winter vacations for cheap in East Europe.
                On the beach

Comment

It's a question of what are you looking for, how long will you be travelling and how many will be joining. That's about it, budgetting revolves around the spending power
                  motorhome hire USA | camper rental new zealand

Comment

I need spending power on my vacations!

Comment

Originally posted by Manne View Post
                      I need spending power on my vacations!
                      Me too, I dont want to look for coins during my vacation.
                      Administrator

Comment

Spending power is in your hand. Its just a matter on how your going to spend your money during your vacation. You control your budget anyway...
                        Vikings Shelly Lakes

Comment

Depends on the place,mode of travel,hotel etc.
                          Toronto Hotels

Comment

I think there is never such a fixed amount, it actually varies according to the destination and the stay duration also
                            Hotel London

Comment

well the budget depends on your destination .I travel or plan my holidays in advance so that I can compare the prices and travel according to my needs and requirements

Comment

Working...
                              X