The best of Malaysian Cuisine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best of Malaysian Cuisine

Malaysian cuisine is yummy, exotic and exciting. Its stimulating flavors and culinary styles will whip just about anyone into an endless gastronomic frenzy. Comprising of three main groups namely Malay, Chinese and Indian, Malaysian food has become a fusion of the three and more, making it one of the world's most unique cuisine. From the three main ethnic dishes, there are also other cuisines that have evolved from the meeting of the three cultures. Notable ones include Nyonya and Indian Muslim fare. There are also other mouth-watering Continental and Mediterranean cuisine, but these are mainly found in major cities only. With such delicious blend of food available in this country, it is no wonder that Malaysia is called the meeting point for both the Eastern and Western cultures - a true melting pot. For those who are interested in trying out all the different dishes, the two best-known places to enjoy, indeed celebrate, Malaysia's diverse cuisine are in KL and Penang. While KL has a ‘coffee shop', filled with hawker stalls, in every neighborhood, a good bet is to head downtown to old Chinatown and Little India to sample the mind-blowing - and cheap - range of food Malaysians are rightly proud of.In Penang, visitors can dine on local dishes from hawker stalls that appear at night along the Esplanade on Gurney Drive, while overlooking the Indian Ocean. Penang is well-known as a 'Hawkers' Paradise'. City dwellers from KL and even Singapore drive for hours on weekend getaways to feast and gorge themselves on Penang's awesome hawker food!
    AsiaValley.com - Your Travel Guide to Southeast Asia

Med foods makes my stomach bubble, I think that it has way too many spices in it. But It makes me feel as if I have food posioning.

Comment

I like chicken satay and nasi lemak!
      Vikings Shelly Lakes

Comment

Advice

I love Malaysian cuisine,When I had been two years ago and i got to eat there,believe me i had a fantastic experience.chicken satay is still in my mind.I loved it.
        Hotel Reservations Learn Scotland Hotel Reservations

Comment

The cuisine of a country is generally a microcosm of the nation and Malaysian cuisine reflects the multi racial aspects of Malaysia. Various ethnic groups in Malaysia have their dishes but many dishes in Malaysia are derived from multiple ethnic influences.
          Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts

Comment

Beside providing information on food, we also provide information on places and location where those food are available, these allows our readers find their favourite food easily at the nearest location accessible by them.
            restaurant stratford upon avon

Comment

East Malaysian food

Mee Kolok Sarawak

by Hisham Salmin on Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

Hinava (Kadazan Dusun Dish)

by Dolly MJ on Welcome to Flickr - Photo Sharing

Comment

I like to it.....
                Hotels In Nottingham

Comment

Well,
                  It is so spice and it does not good for your stomach so i think, you should be mostly neglect to this dish.
                  thanks
                  Conference Venues | Conference Retreat | Corporate Accommodation

Comment

Hi,
                    I like to chicken because It's my favorite or good for my health.
                    thanks

Comment

Hi,
                      I like to Mee Kolok Sarawak because it is so tasty.
                      thanks

Comment

There are a very good information. Thanks for share with us.
                        restaurant stratford upon avon

Comment

i really like it

Comment

Great information which you share here. The photos looking so nice. According to me, The cuisine of a country generally a microcosm of the nation and Malaysian cuisine reflects multiple aspects of racial Malaysia.
                            NY Hotel offers

Comment

Black glutinous rice porridge cooked with sago and served hot with coconut milk.
                              Best Indian Tour Operators

Comment

Working...
                              X