Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Travel Luggage on ahead

Hello,

On a recent business trip to our office in Shenzhen (from London), I took a week hols in Thailand on the way to break up the journey. Rather than lugging the 2 weeks worth of luggage (esp business clothes) around the beach, I took only a hand-luggage case and sent via UPS my clothes and files on ahead.

I mistakenly also sent a portable printer, which seems to have flagged up the case going through Chinese customs. It made it there in the end, but I had to pay some GBP 30 duties and taxes, even though the commercial invoice was marked as personal luggage.

I thought I'd try my luck on the way back, and again because my clothes were of a reasonable European brand (though after 1 week of 30 deg. humidity without any laundering, they were clearly used), there was trouble getting them out of China this time.

I'm not a great fan of lugging heavy suitcases around, particularly when traveling with my young family. Therefore, I wondered if anyone had any advise about sending 'luggage on ahead'. I chose UPS, simply because my company has an account that I could use without any personal cost...

Doing this domestically makes sense, particularly if traveling by train for a long holiday - any thoughts about tweaking this approach for smoother international travel?

Cheers,

Tom.

Actually, sending your luggage ahead would be a good idea. However, you might want to take note of a few things to ensure that everything arrives at your destination in good condition.
    Plan to Work Abroad? Have a Work in Australia nowJobs in Australia - PrincipalVisas.com

Comment

Well, One of the most arduous aspects of travel is the process associated with checking luggage. Shipping ahead with Luggage Free allows you to eliminate this aggravation, and move directly to your departure gate, saving time and hassle.
      Best restaurant Nottingham

Comment

Nicely, One of the most difficult aspects of travel is the procedure related to looking at luggage. Shipping ahead along with Baggage Free enables you to eliminate this particular stress, as well as move directly to your departure entrance, not waste time as well as trouble.
        luxury cruises
        luxury cruise lines

Comment

Working...
        X