Backpacking in Thailand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backpacking in Thailand

Backpacking in Thailand has been made famous in recent years by the best-selling cult novel *The Beach*, which was also adapted in to a feature film starring Leonardo Di Caprio. Backpacking in Thailand is a fantastic thing to do on your gap year for many reasons. You are almost certain to meet loads of other like-minded backpackers, it is extremely easy to get about, accommodation is plentiful and inexpensive, the food is tasty and it is generally hot and sunny year round. What really makes backpacking in Thailand such a great thing to do, however, is its unique culture and the wide variety of things to see and do there - from the exciting metropolis of Bangkok to its stunning beaches and beautiful jungle locations.

The big decision to make when you leave Bangkok is whether to head north or south

I worry about backpacking but at the same time, it just seem so fun to me. I would love to go and see what its like to NOT really have a destination.

Comment

Originally posted by sacback View Post
      I worry about backpacking but at the same time, it just seem so fun to me. I would love to go and see what its like to NOT really have a destination.
      Why you worry ?? Isn't it exciting to backpack for another interesting trip?

Comment

The truth is that travelling solo gives you more freedom. Backpacking is a great opportunity to meet new people and sink a beer or two ....and get to know other backpackers!!

Comment

Backpacking for me is always good and fun. If you compare to join a tour, I would say that you have to plan your trip but planning is quite fun as I spent a lot of time of planning but at the end, I can totally throw it away ha ha ha ha ha... I don't feel like I waste my time but it just happened... Backpacking gives me much memories.
          Planning a Tour? Post Request Now! - Triplandia Tour Operators

Comment

But isn't that the point?
            Plan well ahead and then throw it all away?
            M&M was here!
            City of the Tribes

Comment

"backpaked" through Thailand as a solo female and hed the best time, I don't know if it's considered backpacking if I brought a rolling backpack that actually never got onto my back, but I had the freedom of just packing and going anywhere I wanted it was fantastic..
              Last edited by thailandtraveller; 06-25-2008, 09:38 AM.

Comment

I went backpacking in Thailand three years ago now, one of the most amazing experiences of my life so far. Of course venturing out into the wilderness as I so obviously did, make sure you pack a camera, batteries, comfy shoes and some damn repellent!

I just cannot stand the smell of the spray ones, also with the liquid restrictions on most flights you are better off with a patch version. I used:

Natural Insect Repellent Patch | Vie Patch

Flat and compact

Comment

yes i have done it it is really interesting.
                  Conference Venues | Conference Retreat | Corporate Accommodation

Comment

Yes! That is so true, experiencing Thailand Back-packing is such a great adventure.
                    Life is a challenge, meet it.

Life is a challenge, meet it!
                    design hotel kroatien
                    hotel rovinj

Comment

The nice thing about backpacking in Thailand is that there's such a widespread tourist infrastructure, and when you couple that with the generally friendly local population you can't go far wrong. It's best to be in a small group of like-minded people - that's probably the best approach. This is especially true for women. Men can strike out on their own if they like, of course while taking elementary and obvious precautions.
                      Travel the World and make Friends

Way of the Ninja

Comment

Although I visited the Thailand but never enjoyed Back-packing there. Guys, After reading the above posts it seems to me I should go there again and enjoy this exciting activity with my uncle who loves back packing and always ready to go for it. I am sure he would like to go there as soon as possible so, I will have fun in this region again.
                        Last edited by herey jee; 08-03-2015, 07:39 AM.

Comment

herey jee, like you I also have been to this country many times but have no experience of backpacking there. But after visiting this thread I have great desire to enjoy this activity once in my life. So, must share your experience after come back.

Comment

This is really very fantastic journey to explore the wonderful place of the Thailand.
                            Best Free PC Optimizer | Can Crusher | Same Day Agra tour | PC Speed Booster | Can Recycling | Kathmandu Tour from India | Latest Hindi News | Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour

Comment

Working...
                            X