Dissertation [Masters] Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dissertation [Masters] Help!

I am currently doing my masters research project and I am in need of participants to answer several questions for my project. There are a total of 15 questions, on the motivational behaviour of adventure tourists.

So I basically need 10 people to spend about 30 minutes answering the questions in as much detail as possible, I want people to ramble on as much as possible on your views of your motivations for participating in adventurous holidays. I additionally want people to answer a set of much smaller questions dependant on their answers to the original 16 questions.

YOU MUST BE OVER 18 AND GO ON HOLIDAY TO WITH THE INTENTION OF PARTICIPATING IN AN ADVENTEROUS ACTIVITY; Skiing, Bungee-jumping, diving, mountain-climbing, surfing, mountain-biking, skydiving, etc.

You would be doing me one a huge favour if you could help me out, and if you are interested please send me your responses to the questions below to:

simon.legg@live.uwe.ac.uk

If you participate I will send you a consent form to sign (type) and my research objectives form; following ethical standards including a set of smaller questions to answer taking a further 10minutes.

Thank you!!

1. Age

2. Sex

3. Occupation

4. Nationality

5. Research has noted a connection with an individual’s work life and holiday preferences; either a job will promote similar qualities in holiday choices or extreme opposite holiday qualities. I.E – Those who work in a busy environment will either want a busy, active holiday (adventurous holiday) or a slower paced, relaxing holiday (traditional beach holidays). Can you explain your connection with your work environment and holiday choices?

6. Do you participate in these (adventure tourism) activities alone or in a group and what is the significance of this to you?

7. Do you consider yourself to be a sensation/thrill seeker? This is commonly seen as a key aspect of adventure enthusiasts as they continually search for excitement and a desire for increased activity/action. Can you comment on this and also explain its value while not on holiday in terms of your work/social life.

8. Is your holiday preferences an attempt to avoid a particular (or all) aspect/s of ‘normal’ life; I.E – friends, family, job, etc?

9. Would you consider yourself to have a high tolerance of risk, and in your personal experience do activities with a greater risk create a greater emotional feeling/adrenaline rush?

10. The role and importance of these holidays in keeping a physically active and healthy lifestyle?

11. When choosing to go on an Adventure holiday, how important is both cost and location in your decision, and what impact does the environment you choose have on your experience? (I.E – surfing in Wales compared to California).

12. Is the unpredictability of events an important aspect of your adventure holiday or is it important for events to be thoroughly planned?

13. Research has suggested that individuals who regularly participate in adventure holidays have a sense of self-development and mental growth such as; self-confidence, personal growth, growth in attitudes and feelings etc. Do you think this is true and does it apply to you and if so, please explain how

14. Expanding from the previous question, those who succeed in completing a difficult challenge often experience a ‘Peak Experience’ (PE); A highly intense, significant, and fulfilling experience...considered turning points which lead to a change in self-concept and identity. Extreme sports and adventure tourists have noted their participation in these activities is to experience a PE. Are you familiar with this concept and does it apply to your experience of adventure tourism?

15. Can you describe and explain any aspects that motivate you personally to go on an adventure holiday that hasn’t already been mentioned?
    Last edited by Tizz; 11-11-2011, 04:31 PM.

A nice information here.
    thanks for share.
    restaurant stratford upon avon

Comment

Thank you so much for your sharing. Its interesting.
      Website Designing Ajmer || SEO Services Ajmer

Comment

Working...
      X