Tigre Delta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tigre Delta

The city of Tigre (35km north of BA) and her surrounding delta region is one of the most popular weekend getaways for weary porte?os. The city itself has a few pleasant attractions, but it’s really the delta just beyond Tigre that everyone’s after.

The Paraná is South America's second longest river, after the Amazon. It originates in southeastern Brazil at Paraíba and Grande Rivers, flows 1,600 miles (2,570 km) through Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and when it joins the Uruguay River to form Río de la Plata estuary, the delta region is known as Tigre.

Long before explorers and settlers came into the delta region, the Yaguareté, the American Jaguar or Tiger, tigre made this area its habitat. Along with mosquitos, birds, fish, and abundant vegetacion, the Yaguareté was a common sight. It attacked humans and cattle and was rightly feared. Now almost extinct, the yaguareté or leo onca is a National Monument and gives its fierce name and reputation to an area now famous for rest and relazation.

By the number of places to stay and restaurants, you'll see how popular the Tigre is and how many visitors enjoy the area as a day trip, a weekend getaway or a cruising location.

The water is the prime attraction. You can rent a canoe or a kayak and paddle yourself around. You can take a guided tour of some of the channels.

Or you can take a several days cruise on a motor or sailboat to really relax and see the delta close up. Browse the offerings from this sample tour of the Tigre delta and islands.
    Tigre is a pretty little town where from the main station, the Estación Fluvial, you can wander about the town, get a boat ride or enjoy a meal at one of the local restaurants.

If you watched The Amazing Race 7 during the Fourth Stop: Mendoza to Buenos Aires and Beyond, the contestants faced a challenge finding a certain island in the Tigre Delta.

Enjoy these photos of Tigre and the water attractions. The delta holds an important place in Argentine history. Buenos Aires had a difficult beginning, and the settlers moved from there to Tigre in the 1580’s. The fertile land drew farmers whose wheat harvests fed the growing population.

Today its agricultural heritage is present in the Fruit Market where you can buy produce. rustic fabric, furniture and accessories made in cane and willow, jams and honey and flowers.

Tigre has three inner docks. One is for pleasure boats, including the catamarans for sightseeing. A second dock handles the boats bringing in foodstuffs and all the daily requirements. The third dock is for the timber boats who bring poplar and willow logs to market.
    Find the most interesting place from attractions guide
    Find the similar links
    List of hotels |Imports Company

You have given quite nice information about Tigre city and Tigre Delta. I want to paste some images of this delta that I had visited before my bus trip to niagara falls. It was a nice trip of mine with some colleges.

I'm ready to visit Belize top beaches.

Comment

It looks like a must go place. I personally feel that going to this kind of places can be so much fun and also exploring such places is always a very helpful thing to do which is the way how it grows so certainly understanding thousand islands cruises makes sense big time.

Comment

I never visit there but I heard about it through my friends. They told me much about it. I have a plan to go to there once in coming months. So can you share most fabulous places of this city.

Comment

Wow huge information it is. I am sure that it's gonna work out as soon as possible. It simply just feels great to get information like this always, So pretty sure that this would help me out to let know a lot to learn like this.

Comment

You know what buddies me and my sister having huge craze about the traveling and will say that Tigre city and Tigre Delta both of these are really new name for me and will be there for sure for having some fun fill time there and will be there before my Tours from Los Angeles and surely will have some good time.

Comment

Nice conversation is going here. all the members shared nice sort of stuff. I am sure through this conversation the travelers get nice information and explore this place without any hesitation. I have also got a nice sort of stuff about this place. I will go there after my Virginia beach tours. I hope so I will spent there a great time.

Comment

Really good to see all f your views about Tigre Delta. I really like this and would really like to explore this city first time in my life and so sure about that it would be really good and nice for me to try anything like this for sure for having great fun at there.

Comment

Guys, I will say the first post is filled with great information about this city. I heard the name of it for the first time and will say it is a new kind of city for me. I want to explore this city after finishing my brooklyn bus tours. I have got sufficient detail about here and I will see really cool and nice places here. Now, I can go there easily and I hope I will come back with great memories.

Comment

Sami! I am sure buddy, you must enjoy there in this city and come back with really nice and memorable memories. I must say that after coming back from your this journey. you must share your this journey experience with all the members/. Best of luck buddy for your this tour.

Comment

Every locality has its own charm and in the same way bringing out something which beats a lot is the way how it all goes and it works for the maximum approach that we would love to experience for being a traveler and that helps us for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X