Travel Safety Turkey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Safety Turkey

Crime in Turkey is actually pretty low; however, is steadily increasing in cities like Izmir and Istanbul. Most tourists fall victim to street crimes like purse snatching, pick pocketing, and muggings.

Other common crimes in Turkey are drugging incidents. Usually victims are approached English or French speaking criminals who offer them tea, alcohol, or food laced with drug such as Nembutal and Benzodiazepine. These drugs render victims unconscious for criminals to rob or sexually assault them.

A scam often used in Turkey against many tourists is credit card fraud. Travelers may receive inflated bills and extra charges on their checks after visiting certain bars or nightclubs. If they refuse to pay then they are often threatened by large men working as security at the business, who extort money from them before allowing them to leave.

Terrorism incidents in Turkey have occurred quiet often and should be of concern to tourists and expats in country. Within the past five years there have been terrorists’ bombings at government facilities, religious centers, and tourist locations.

For example, in May of 2007 there was an explosion in a business district in Ankara which killed six victims and injured over 100 others. During July of 2008, terrorists attacked Turkish police officers guarding the U.S. Consulate in Istanbul.

Turkey is a beautiful country to visit; however, tourists choosing to go there must be careful while visiting.
    Alton
    http://www.travel-security-and-safety.com/

Turkey’s historical sites, beaches and exotic cities provide vacation experiences that entice experienced travelers looking for a new adventure. Although the country’s citizens are friendly and welcoming to tourists, travelers should be aware of several dangers, including street crime and terrorism. Taking a few basic travel safety precautions will help ensure that your Turkey trip will be trouble-free.
    Want Up to £50 Cash Back?
    Book Your Hotels From Hotelbooksave.com

Comment

Yes, you are right. Crime and terror is a big factor about Turkey now. Islamic radicals have grab the country again and now they are being gradually subjected to Islamic criminal activity by miscreants. I think it will be better to avoid the country for tourism purpose.

Comment

Hey aed343,

This information is really very helpful for the people who are thinking to visit turkey for tour, as you said visiting turkey is quite risky for Tourists, rather than they can think about other places in middle east countries like Emirates of Dubai the is one of the beautiful and attractive place for tourism.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the information. i really appreciate this.While traveling safety is a important factor to consider.Hiring a private jet make our journey more safe and secure.Choose the private jet according to your requirement and comfort. It increase the security exponentially.
          Royal jets aircraft services

Comment

The tourist areas are safe, don't worry. Thousands of Europeans visit the country in every summer and many tourist come toward the Turkey many areas are safe for the tourist..
            This site give to you much reliable journey
            durham to new york bus

Comment

Really It's very important wherever you go must need to know about her safty before travel. Thanks for nice sharing this helpful post.
              Tours in Mexico City | Tours in Cozumel | Beach Resorts in Cancun, Mexico | Riviera Maya Tours

Comment

Istanbul is safe, Turkey is safe. Just two place in 2 cities i must warn you: Istanbul's Taksim Square and Ankara's Kızılay district.
                Protests are ongoing there and police still trying to end them. Protests are about to finish, also
                last week i visited with niagara falls tour from new york to meet my friend living in Ankara and we had a great time. There was no problem we faced.

Comment

“Alizey” your provided information is really beneficial for me because next month I’m going to the Turkey as my company has transferred me there. The head office of our company is in Istanbul. I was a little bit afraid to move there but now after reading you sharing, I can live there for a long time with any fear.
                  I'm ready to visit Belize top beaches.

Comment

Turkey is safe anyways but yeah when it comes to visiting it there is always a need of taking care of a few things which is surely a bother and through all those things we get to have a better way which helps us to the maximum. This is the way how it goes which can be fine enough thing.
                    When it comes to my traveling i usually use fort lauderdale to boca raton that stays quite reasonable for me.

Comment

During traveling to these regions i am sure we can get to have a lot especially when it comes to sticking to new york watkins glen state park that's pretty decent and can be taken ahead certainly which is the way for it.

Comment

Turkey is the best country for visit. It offers a lot of incredible places to the visitors. I have been there before tours from los angeles about three years ago. I saw may fabulous places of this region. So I suggest you should go there once and could make their remember able journey.

Comment

So pleased to see the sort of information people have shared with all of us. I am sure that it's gonna be something really good for you. I just completely love to expedience some of the stuff Ike this. For sure it's gonna help everyone here and that would be something quite amazing to try as well.

Comment

Well, buddy i am so much curious to know bit more about the Turkey, like its attractions, Accommodations, ot any kind of reccomendation if you guys like to let me know.. so must share here i will be there as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                            X