Famous London Attractions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous London Attractions

With so many famous London attractions to visit from Big Ben to the London Eye, from the Tate Modern to St Paul's Cathedral, it can be difficult to decide on where to start. The London tourism website (Visit London) may be useful as it has just compiled a list of the top 10 London attractions in terms of popularity. There is also a list compiling a host of free attractions, the most famous being the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and the ceremony of the keys at the Tower of London.

Matthew, Park Plaza
    Last edited by mjroche; 03-12-2009, 03:00 PM.

Hello

Great Job. Thanks for shring this. London is a remarkable city with a rich and truly limitless heritage upon which to draw. It is no surprise therefore that London has numerous attractions and famous landmarks, from all eras of its history. No matter where you are located within London, there seems a never ending list of things to do and places to see. This bridge is one of London's most famous attractions. When it was built in 1894 the bridge was disliked by many but it quickly became one of the symbols of London.

Thanks

Comment

London is the largest city in Europe so it's brimming with attractions! When in London there's so much to see and do, you can go to the famous Trafalgar Square and feed the pigeons, enjoy a thrilling experience on the London Eye – the world's largest observation wheel, or take the family to London Zoo for a great day out.

If you're in London to do a spot of gallery hopping, be sure to take in some of the following! The National Gallery, the Tate Modern and for something a little bit different head to Madame Tussauds, Londons famous wax museum.

Other top attractions worth seeing include Westminster Abbey and Big Ben, or you could head over to Buckingham Palace to see the Changing of the Guard or walk across Tower Bridge and take a tour of the Tower of London.

London has lots of beautiful green parks so if you feel like you need to escape from the city for a while then visit Hyde Park, Kensington Garden's, where you'll find the Albert Memorial or Regent's Park.
      Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts

Comment

OMG,I wish I could go to London someday. What a beautiful city! :x
        Signature too big, 2 links maximum!

Comment

Dinosaurs and other things

I found Natural History Museum a bit childish or naive. They've built too strong an image for kids. And some of the sceletons are replicas but it's not mentioned so well.

My top sights:

London Eye
          British Museum
          Madame Tussaud's
          Westminster Abbey
          My 100 Helsinki Sights with pictures:
          http://www.kolumbus.fi/avainto

Comment

London is certainly the place to go

I love London! Go inside Easy Click Travel web site, over there under Travel Guides section you'll find many cities, go in London and press on the attraction. Personally I love London eye, The Historic Royal palaces and the London Dungeons but there are so many other things to do and see in London, endless. London is certainly the place to go- full of stimulations and excitement!

Comment

I agree with your thoughts...
              UK is going as good holiday destination for all travelers.
              It is working as gateway to all other European countries which is a great factor for travel business in Europe.

Comment

Interesting information. I loved London and UK. That's "can't be missed" destination when you 're still alive.
                If I have a chance I will go to London.
                One again, Thanks for your sharing.
                Van Cao
                Indochina Travel Service
                For your perfect journey

Comment

I love living in London! Such an amazing city. If you're coming here to visit I would suggest going to see the tower of london, buckingham palace and the london eye. Also, if it's raining (which it may well be!) other great attractions are the art museums, the london dungeons and madam tussards.
                  Algarve holdiays
                  Ibiza holidays

Comment

Re: Famous London Attractions

Yes, London is one of popular place in world for travel, there are lot's of attractions sites in London some of these are: The Tower of London, National Maritime Museum, Madame Tussauds, Victoria & Albert Museum, The London Eye, Natural History Museum, Tate Modern.

Comment

I heard about "The London Eye", "Tower of London" and "Westminster Abbey". I think each traveler should visit these places. I must include one more place to the list which is "British Museum".
                      Top Tourist Attractions | Bern Tourist Information

Comment

London Eye will be my must visit if I ever go to London. Want to see the city from the top Have heard lots about it. Will surely someday make a trip plan to London for it.

Comment

Personally, my favourite places in the city are some of the museums. Pay a visit to the Wellcome collection, which always has loads of great exhibitions, or the Grant museum of Zoology at UCL.

If you're looking for a guide to some of London's best attractions, take a look at Time Out's feature on upcoming London events.

Comment

Add St Paulīs Cathedral, and also book yourself a historical tour. I think the company that does them is called London Walks. Excellent entertainment, history lesson, and a day/night out with a difference. The walks finish in the pub.
                            Sami at
                            Visa South Africa

Comment

The top five things to see in my opinion (most already mentioned) are:

1. Westminster Abbey
                              2. The Houses of Parliament & "Big Ben"
                              3. The Tower of London
                              4. Harrods
                              5. London Eye

If there is time, try to squeeze in Buckingham Palace and St. Pauls Cathedral.
                              Accommodation in Edinburgh | Stay in Edinburgh

Comment

Working...
                              X