The people of russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The people of russia

I'm from Canada and I've never traveled to any other country (aside the occasional shopping in the US) and I'm so dead set on coming to Russia for a month.

I only know English and French as a language and I was wondering if I'd have a problem. I've heard about the violence, but is that really how the people of Russia are? Are they violent towards tourists especially? I'm a little too trusting of people and I was wondering if it'd be dangerous for me to go there.
    Should I bring someone? Hire a translator when I get there? I don't know.

I just want to know what to expect.

People in Russia

Hello,

just read your post and wanted to reply to your questions. People in Russia generally very rude. They are rude to each other and very friendly to foreigners. They are very aware that people around the world are nice and polite to each other, so they try to follow the trend with foreign visitors. However, they do not have to pretend to be some nice creatures when they see other Russian. It is very ridiculous and annoying.

i guess there are other reasons behind being nice to people from abroad. Russians tend to take advantage of people who do not speak the language and do not know how to get around the city, even country. In Russia, there is no such thing as free service - one has to pay for everything! For instance, if one wishes to purchase an online train ticket, he or she has to know that there will be a fee for such luxury. Moreover, one will pay extra for delivering the tickets, extra for buying them online and extra for not standing in line. You have to tip the delivery guy, of course too.

If you are to go to Russia, you need to know some native who could help you to get around or just bring some extra cash as there is a foreigner fee for every museum and sights places. I'd advise you to go to St Petersburg, maybe Moscow or Sochi which is like Miami on a Black Sea. The prices are high as these are the biggest Russian cities; I'd say it is like in New York.

All the luck to you! Hope this helps!
    Every woman should have A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...

Comment

Russian are not monsters

Hello!
      I am from Italy and I have been to Russia many times, I work there as a guide. I can say that a lot of legends have been composed about Russian people and not all of them are true. The way you talk to Russian is the way he reply. They are peolpe of their mood, but they are very talkative and openhearted if you are really interested in talking to them, especially in Syberia. Don't worry about your trip and don't wait for dirty tricks and you won't get them

Comment

Originally posted by Vita View Post
        Hello!
        I am from Italy and I have been to Russia many times, I work there as a guide. I can say that a lot of legends have been composed about Russian people and not all of them are true. The way you talk to Russian is the way he reply. They are peolpe of their mood, but they are very talkative and openhearted if you are really interested in talking to them, especially in Syberia. Don't worry about your trip and don't wait for dirty tricks and you won't get them
        I agree...My friend from Serbia was in Krasnojarska twice and he told me that people behave exactly like you do to them...although I would recomend you to go with someone and not alone-for the first visit...

Comment

I lived in Russia at once

the people in Rosia mildly timid. Some girls to me much liked its behaviour
          mr.PhD_Khomtchenko

Comment

i heard that travelling to Russia is a bit dangerous.

is it really ?
            Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

its dangerous only if you have many money with you and this see some body)))
              Last edited by regik; 09-02-2009, 09:51 AM. Reason: i dont know

Comment

what do you mean dangerous? do you mean scamming?
                Rent Apartments Nikolaev Ukraine.

Comment

i guess there are other reasons behind being nice to people from abroad. Russians tend to take advantage of people who do not speak the language and do not know how to get around the city, even country. In Russia, there is no such thing as free service - one has to pay for everything! For instance, if one wishes to purchase an online train ticket, he or she has to know that there will be a fee for such luxury. Moreover, one will pay extra for delivering the tickets, extra for buying them online and extra for not standing in line. You have to tip the delivery guy, of course too.
                  Last edited by andreson; 03-19-2010, 07:28 PM.
                  Reviews of Hawaiian Activities

Comment

Hi everyone!
                    Russians are not all bad!!! There are many people who would be happy to help you (not in Moscow though). I agree that some are rude and many are trying to cheat... But will repeat again- not all.
                    Just be nice and they would be also nice to you (in general).
                    Regarding payment... if you are tourist, you pay more... everywhere...

Comment

I come from Vietnam. I see your lovely Russian. They are very friendly and hospitable

Comment

I would definitely agree with this one. Russians are very friendly and they will get you into a great conversation anytime. They are also fun loving.
                        Plan to Work Abroad? Have a Work in Australia nowJobs in Australia - PrincipalVisas.com

Comment

Russians are cool people. You wont face any kind of violence with them in a tour. They respect tourists.

Comment

Two things are very common in USSR and those are communism and artistic personalities of people.Let me tell you that if you are really art and theatre lover then you must have to pay a visit to Moscow and rest USSR.You will find this land the land of art and skills.People are very talented and have trend towards art.Its my grantee because i have paid visit to Russia.
                            Byron Quarter

Comment

Originally posted by positive View Post
                              Hi everyone!
                              Russians are not all bad!!! There are many people who would be happy to help you (not in Moscow though). I agree that some are rude and many are trying to cheat... But will repeat again- not all.
                              Just be nice and they would be also nice to you (in general).
                              Regarding payment... if you are tourist, you pay more... everywhere...
                              No, we're not all bad, thanks for that ))

Comment

Working...
                              X