Russian Metro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russian Metro

Can someone shed a little light on what the Russian metro system is like? I have heard it is a really cool and expansive system.

Russian - you mean Moscow metro?

Hi,
    You meant Moscow Metro? Or Saint-Petersburg? They are different in many things, although the major principles, like having one platform with two rails by sides for opposite directions are same. This model was also used in other former Soviet republics. Also, it is, as they call it, a circular - radial one, means that it is composed of cirlces crossed with radial branches. Easy to understand.

In general, I can say that this system is easier to undestand and use than the systems I have seen for example, in New York (above ground) or in Madrid - many lines and rails at the same station, you need to choose the right train and not to miss the right station to exit.
    Paris - a hotel to stay

Comment

hey this is good info...thanks I thought that the whole country had that system too...interesting..
      thanks
      Last edited by sears82; 02-15-2008, 08:00 PM.
      Hotels

Comment

Good thoughts on the topic guys! Well, Russian metro is expensive. But the ride is really cool. It seems that you have never visited the places. Why don't you move on a world tour? It will be fun for you!
        Absolute Travel Deals!

Comment

Russia

I live in Estonia and have been traveled a lot, but not have not jet reached to Russia, I plan to fix this mistake next year. Maybe going to Saint-Petersburg first.
          ---------------------------------------------------------------------
          My signature was too big!
          1 textlink only

Comment

Hello marat876,
            I certainly agree with you.
            Thank you very much for sharing your information.
            It was really very helpful for me.
            Thanks!!!!!!!

Comment

is it better than the Shinkansen Train in Japan ?
              Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

metro in moscow is wery dangerous. 3 million people in day going in..... 20% kills in moscow in METRO!!!!!

Comment

Hi,
                  You meant Moscow Metro? Or Saint-Petersburg? They are different in many things, although the major principles, like having one platform with two rails by sides for opposite directions are same. This model was also used in other former Soviet republics. Also, it is, as they call it, a circular - radial one, means that it is composed of cirlces crossed with radial branches. Easy to understand.
                  Last edited by andreson; 03-19-2010, 07:31 PM.
                  Reviews of Hawaiian Activities

Comment

Hi!
                    I think it is beautiful!!! In Moscow specially!!! It is like a kind of museum!! And quite easy to understand...
                    Wish you a nice trip to Russia

Comment

Its a realy amezing system ..Thanks to discuss here.

Comment

Metro in Russia is very inexpensive - about $ 1. Danger - this is ridiculous. There is only afraid of pickpockets. But they are fewer than in many other cities.
                        Life is a journey. Journey is a life. Yourvideotrip.com - your video guide for travel.

Comment

I must say that Russian Metro is rapid transit service which serving Moscow and neighbouring towns. It has 188 stations and almost 313.1km route. This Moscow Metro is little expensive transport service.
                          lisbon tourism

Comment

Moscow metro is really great metro service itself. Daily almost 6.6 million people travel in this metro. It was started around 1935. It take 90 seconds gap between two trains. And Yes it is really cool service.
                            Point at Poipu

Comment

Yes, I have also heard of it. It's awesome and a bit expensive.
                              Hotel EBooking Service

Comment

Working...
                              X