learning Swedish language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• learning Swedish language

Hello! Next year my sister would like to do something completely different. She have to go abroad for a studies for at least 5 month’s. She was thinking about a destination and now she know where to go: Sweden! Maybe you wonder why she want to go there but the fact is that she love cold weather and apparently Sweden is beautiful. The course she will be following there is in English, but she hope to learn some Swedish as well. She already learned something: ‘studera utomlands’! This means something like ‘studying abroad’. Can anyone tell if it is a difficult language to learn? Thanks guys!

As far as I know, Sweden is beautiful! A friensd of mine studied there for 6 months, and enjoyed it a lot! Luckily, they speak English very well: Swedish seems to be not so simple to learn!
    Booking has never been so quick!
    www.flashbooking.com

Comment

Contains all information you need Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

The primary language of Sweden is Swedish, a North Germanic language, related and very similar to Danish and Norwegian, but differing in pronunciation and orthography. Norwegians have little difficulty understanding Swedish, and Danes can also understand it, with slightly more difficulty than the Norwegians.[98] Although Swedish is the dominant language, it is not an official language. Sweden Finns are Sweden's largest linguistic minority, comprising about 3 percent of Sweden's population and Finnish is recognised as a minority language. Four other minority languages are also recognised (Meänkieli, Sami, Romani and Yiddish). The issue of whether Swedish should be declared the official language has been raised and the parliament voted on the matter in 2005 but the proposal narrowly failed.

Comment

Originally posted by bashley04 View Post
          Hello! Next year my sister would like to do something completely different. She have to go abroad for a studies for at least 5 month’s. She was thinking about a destination and now she know where to go: Sweden! Maybe you wonder why she want to go there but the fact is that she love cold weather and apparently Sweden is beautiful. The course she will be following there is in English, but she hope to learn some Swedish as well. She already learned something: ‘studera utomlands’! This means something like ‘studying abroad’. Can anyone tell if it is a difficult language to learn? Thanks guys!
          Im a swede myself so abit hard to tell if it's a hard language to learn or not. Can tell you that it's more gramaticly complex than the english language.

Study in Sweden ? SWEDEN.SE <- LINK
          Contains all the information you need to study in sweden.

The universitys often offers a course in swedish for foreign students aswell. (For their students)
          Also a various of online courses of various quality.

If there's anything else i can provide, please ask.

: )
          Last edited by linval; 04-03-2009, 05:07 AM.

Comment

I have been in sweden too for 4 yrs and i can tell you that its not a hard language to learn.
            Cheap Airfare

Comment

I've tried before but I gave up half-way.

quite challenging !
              Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Re :

Learning Spanish can help give you the lift you need in life. Learning Spanish can help keep your brain sharp and bright as compared to others.If you want to learn Spanish online a website named LangLearner is become useful for you. You can visit and learn Spanish online.

Comment

Although Swedish is the dominant language, it is not an official language. Sweden Finns are Sweden's largest linguistic minority, comprising about 3 percent of Sweden's population and Finnish is recognised as a minority language. Four other minority languages are also recognised (Meänkieli, Sami, Romani and Yiddish).
                  Last edited by andreson; 03-19-2010, 07:27 PM.
                  Reviews of Hawaiian Activities

Comment

Below is the where you can easily know Swedish Language:
                    Swedish Language Course
                    Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts

Comment

The hardest part is probably getting to speak Swedish. As soon as people find out she speaks English, they will switch to English.

Comment

My friend studied this language. He told me, that swedish is between english and german.
                        By the way: my another firend was travelling through Sweden and using only english (and had to use it a lot).
                        Car rental in Poland

Comment

I know German and was able to spot some similarties between German and Swedish when I went there. So if she knows any Germanic languages maybe that would help. I picked up the odd word as you do any time you go on holiday but if your sister is going to live there then she definitely will pick up more. The best place to learn the language is in the country. I have a friend who has lived in Sweden for 20 years and she can speak the language very well now.

Comment

Well, Swedish is not concerned as a sister language of English so it will little difficult but not hardest as it is from Latin basement. All it needed to do is just hanging on.

Comment

Swedish english is also a fine language
                              data security
                              database security issues
                              database security requirements

Comment

Working...
                              X