Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Norway called land of midnight sun

Just want to know why Norway is called the land of midnight sun? Thanks all

Because it is located relatively close to the Arctic Circle.

Comment

The Arctic Circle (latitude 66.6° N) and the nearby places, the Sun is circumpolar during the summer, which yields continuous 24 hours of sunlight and this phenomenon is called a midnight Sun. The places at farther north of the Arctic Circle (or the farther south of the Antarctic Circle) experience longer period of midnight Sun. Apart from Norway few locations in Alaska, Canada, Greenland, Russia and Finland also experience midnight sun.
      car hire at Dublin airport

Comment

Interesting

I didn't know that...I rent homes on sites like HereStay and HomeAway, so I'll be sure to let my renters know this fun little random fact! Thanks!

Comment

i think it is due to Norway's high latitude, there are large seasonal variations in daylight. from late May to late July, the sun never completely descends beneath the horizon in areas north of the Arctic Circle and the rest of the country experiences up to 20 hours of daylight per day. Conversely, from late November to late January, the sun never rises above the horizon in the north, and daylight hours are very short in the rest of the country.

Comment

Sunshining in the midnight - it has to be beutiful. Ane interesting pictures?
            Car rental in Poland

Comment

Well, even at mid night sun does not set at Western Norway. It does not mean the 24/7 is day in here, the night sun is as dim as moon not the disturb the the dark of the night. Bu the sun is sun, so Norway is known as the country of mid night sun.

Comment

Norway is referred to as the land of the midnight sun due to the fact that the northern part of Norway is located above the Arctic Circle. This locale is known to receive sunlight 24 hours a day as from mid-May to mid-July.

Comment

I would like to share some names of the places which will like to share with you guys so much:
                  Viking Ship Museum
                  Fram Museum
                  Bryggen
                  Vigeland Museum
                  Preikestolen
                  Troldhaugen
                  Hanseatic Museum and Schøtstuene
                  I need a bit infomation about the bus tour los angeles to grand canyon

Comment

A small portion of Norway lies on the northern side of the Arctic Circle, where it enjoys summers with the midnight sun. For a few days, the sun rises in these locations at midnight. Places closest to the pole experience the greatest number of days with the midnight sun.

Franchise opportunities in Chennai

Comment

Working...
                    X