Constitution Day in Denmark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constitution Day in Denmark

Constitution Day of Denmark is to commemorate the signing of the Danish Constitution on June 5, 1849. It also honors the amended Constitution which was adopted on June 5, 1953. During this holiday, officials give speeches about the state of government in the country. The holiday coincides with Father’s Day in Denmark.

Denmark is a large welfare state with a mixed market economy. Agriculture is highly developed, leading to export of the surplus of manufactured foods. Beer, pharmaceuticals, furniture, shipping, and products of the advanced metal industries are some of the Danish products that the country is well-known for.

Denmark joined the European Union on January 1, 1973. The country is a founding member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD). The country is also a member of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).

It is celebrated on the fifth of June of each year where almost all workplaces and shops are closed on this particular day. The day, which in many places is a full or half holiday, is celebrated around the country with political rallies, which especially formerly were in the nature of popular festivals, for instance on the popular nature spots Himmelbjerget and Skamlingsbanken in Jutland. However, is not widely used to celebrate the constitution as is seen in other countries, for example Norway.
    Find the most interesting place from attractions guide
    Find the similar links
    List of hotels |Imports Company

It sounds interesting! Why didn't you wrote about it before June?
    Car rental in Poland

Comment

I wish I will attend this day in my future life. I hope I will see this Constitution Day in Denmark. I visited many times in my life Denmark, but I have no idea about this day. Thanks for sharing this day information with us about this day. I hope every new listener must want to visit there and spend remarkable journey there like you. I want to visit soon there with my friends.

Comment

Working...
      X