Snorkling and diving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkling and diving

With all that's out there to be explored, it's no wonder that the Caribbean is home to many of the world's most popular snorkeling and scuba diving destinations. Before you dive in, take a few minutes to learn about scuba diving and snorkeling in these amazing waters.

The most important thing for you to remember is that, although often written and talked about together, snorkeling and diving are two very different activities. Snorkelers and divers can actually visit and enjoy many of the same spots, but certain locations are not suitable for both snorkeling and diving.

To get started snorkeling, grab a friend and ask your resort--most will lend or rent snorkels and fins to their guests. On many islands in the Caribbean, merchants on public beaches can rent out equipment as well, so even if you're not staying in a resort, getting ready to snorkel can be easy. Wear sunblock and a LycraŽ dive skin or long-sleeved shirt for the best protection; you'll be near the surface of the water and the sun will be overhead! Many vacationers don't realize they can get severe sunburn because the water has a cooling effect, but it also magnifies the intensity of the sun's rays.

Yes wearing sun block is very important, it's just like you say the water has a cooling effect but a couple hours after the diving excersice you will get severe sun burn if not wearing any sun block

Comment

I like to try that sports. I think for the beginners like me should get a trainer before doing it. Must orient and know at least the basic and necessary things to do.

Comment

I'm scared of sharks so I have no idea, If I will ever ever try it.

Comment

I would love to snorkel! I have always been fascinated with the ocean, so I want to try it out. I have also thought about scuba diving, since my grandpa is a professional diver. I would like to follow in his footsteps, because he has had so many great experiences.

Comment

I think snorkeling would be fun with a group of the right people.

Comment

Yep it would be, I wonder how far out to the sea you could go? That is the facinating part to me.

Comment

A great water adventure is all I want!

Comment

Hi Friends,
                  If you have always been fascinated with the undersea life that's always being shown on National Geographic, then it's safe to say that you would definitely be overcome by its beauty when you see it up close and personal! Snorkeling and scuba diving are two ways to get into the water and observe underwater life. You can find many snorkeling scuba diving gear.
                  Fresno Airport Fat limo service

Comment

Where to stay on diving trips

When i go on diving trips, I always try to find a vacation rental rather than a hotel. It usually works out to be less expensive, plus there is much more space to keep all my gear. There is this great site, escaperental.com which lists properties all around the world including most of the best dive spots, thats usually how i find my accommodations. Just recently I booked a nice little place in the bahamas for a week.
                    www.escaperental.com

Comment

Saint Martin is the most beautiful island which is located in the northeast Caribbean, approximately 300 km east of Puerto Rico. Its water and natural spots attracts the people towards it. It is a best place to enjoy the views of nature beaut. I also visited there for having enjoyment. Visitors can have great fun there through different activities like scuba diving, swimming, walking, boating, snorkeling and golf surfing.

Comment

You need to be trained for diving, it is so fun to do.
                        samana Punta cana, Dominican republic, is a beautiful place to spend your holiday.

Comment

Caribbean has plenty memorizing islands to have fun for visitors. I have a good experience of Virgin Gorda because I have been there about few months ago with my friends to enjoyed holidays. It is a wonderful and lovely place for visit and to see the beauty of the nature. Tourist can enjoy there many interesting activities like swimming, boating, trekking, kayaking, snorkeling, golf surfing and scuba diving. I hope my shared information would be useful for fun and travelling lovers.

Comment

Snorkeling and scuba diving are one of most interesting adventure i have experienced. I have visited Orange beach and enjoyed there amazing snorkeling with dolphins. I had great time over there. It takes few minutes to prepare for it and the experts are always there to guide you.
                            Orange Beach Resort

Comment

Wow buddy nice experience have shred with all of us. which seems interesting. I also would love to try something like this in my free time. So would you like to shre share some other activities which you have done on Orange beach. I am pondering to know that.

Comment

Working...
                              X