Dangerous animals in Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dangerous animals in Australia

Crocodiles - Snakes - Spiders......... maybe that's way i never been there!!

I hate snakes

There are other cute animals there!

Koalas, kangaroos, tasmanian devils, wallabees!

Not at all dangerous.
    motorhome hire USA | camper rental new zealand

Comment

hello all,
      Yes, I hear you about the snakes and other dangerous pests in the wilds there. But I still want to go there sometime soon.

I even heard on the radio that you are allowed to hunt and eat camels now, it used to be the kangaroos. I guess the camel population has overrun some areas as they have no natural predators in the animal kingdom there. Not sure that I would want to eat either one, but maybe if it is cooked correctly??
      relax in style....norfolk island accommodation

Comment

Big spiders with furry legs is my nightmare like Tarantula ones.

I have no problem holding a snake as long as it's not poisoneous. I think im pretty cool doing that

This thread needs some pictures:

Administrator

Comment

I find Tarantulas cute snakes are cool too!
          Vikings Shelly Lakes

Comment

Cute - in like a teddy bear cute ?

Im totally scared of them, I would probably just freeze if I had one in my knee.
            Administrator

Comment

Don't forget about the Box Jellyfish, they are said to be the most deadly marine animal in the world. If you get stung you either drown in the water because you are paralysed or you go into cardiac arrest.

They swim in the surf, close to the shore, in Queensland between November - May. BE CAREFUL! Most beaches have signs that warn you not to go in the water!

Comment

I Hate Them

Comment

Hello Manne....

Ya, there r so many dangerous animals in Aus but so many harmless available also.
                  Some of dangerous animals r ---

Box Jellyfish - The Box Jellyfish is a very dangerous creature to inhabit Australian waters. The Jellyfish has extreme toxins present on its tentacles, which when in contact with a human, can stop cardio-respiratory functions in as little as three minutes.

Saltwater Crocodile - The Saltwater Crocodile is the world's largest reptile. These amazing creatures are found on the northern coast of Australia and inland for up to 100 kms or more. The Saltwater Crocodile has been reported to grow to lengths of 7 metres!, but the average size of a Saltwater Crocodile is 4 metres long.

Blue Ring Octopus - The Blue Ring Octopus is a deadly venomous octopus which inhabits warm waters and shallow reefs off the coast of Australia. It also lives off the coast of New Guinea, Indonesia and the Phillipines.

Stonefish - The Stonefish is another of Australia's deadly marine creatures. They inhabit shallow waters along the coast. The stonefish is well camouflaged in the ocean, as it is a brownish colour, and often resembles a rock. This is why it is called the Stonefish.

Brown snake
                  - The brown snake is approximately 1.5 metres long, and is one of Australia's more deadly creatures. They have venom which can cause death to humans relatively quickly if left untreated. Brown snakes up to 2.3 metres have been recorded in Australia.They feed on small creatures, such as mice and rats, small birds, lizards or even other snakes. These snakes are found in Eastern Australia.

Tiger snake - The common tiger snake is found in southern and eastern Australia. They are usually around a metre long, and have a striped marking . They can grow up to 1.5 metres in length.

The Great White Shark - They range between 3.5 to 5 meters long, and weigh on average 1,300kg.
                  Sunshine Coast Accommodations | Sunshine Coast Resort

Comment

Originally posted by Glane View Post
                    Ya, there r so many dangerous animals in Aus but so many harmless available also.
                    Some of dangerous animals r ---

Box Jellyfish - The Box Jellyfish is a very dangerous creature to inhabit Australian waters. The Jellyfish has extreme toxins present on its tentacles, which when in contact with a human, can stop cardio-respiratory functions in as little as three minutes.

Saltwater Crocodile - The Saltwater Crocodile is the world's largest reptile. These amazing creatures are found on the northern coast of Australia and inland for up to 100 kms or more. The Saltwater Crocodile has been reported to grow to lengths of 7 metres!, but the average size of a Saltwater Crocodile is 4 metres long.

Blue Ring Octopus - The Blue Ring Octopus is a deadly venomous octopus which inhabits warm waters and shallow reefs off the coast of Australia. It also lives off the coast of New Guinea, Indonesia and the Phillipines.

Stonefish - The Stonefish is another of Australia's deadly marine creatures. They inhabit shallow waters along the coast. The stonefish is well camouflaged in the ocean, as it is a brownish colour, and often resembles a rock. This is why it is called the Stonefish.

Brown snake
                    - The brown snake is approximately 1.5 metres long, and is one of Australia's more deadly creatures. They have venom which can cause death to humans relatively quickly if left untreated. Brown snakes up to 2.3 metres have been recorded in Australia.They feed on small creatures, such as mice and rats, small birds, lizards or even other snakes. These snakes are found in Eastern Australia.

Tiger snake - The common tiger snake is found in southern and eastern Australia. They are usually around a metre long, and have a striped marking . They can grow up to 1.5 metres in length.

The Great White Shark - They range between 3.5 to 5 meters long, and weigh on average 1,300kg.

Thanks i dont want to know more

Comment

The photos are cool. I prefer them on photos, i mean i wouldnt even dare to look if its real
                      motorhome hire USA | camper rental new zealand

Comment

Saltwater Crocodile
                        The largest living member of the crocodilians and reptiles, the saltwater crocodile can grow up to 18 feet (5.45 meters) in length and is often found in Thailand, Vietnam and Northern Australia. They have been known to take on animals such an adult water buffalo and have often attacked people. It is usually well camouflaged both underwater or on dry land and strikes at an amazing speed. Its most powerful attack - the death roll - consists of grabbing its prey and rolling powerfully until it dies.

Comment

Here is a site that list the top 10 most dangerous animals in Australia..

Australia's most dangerous animals
                          Plan to Work Abroad? Have a Work in Australia nowJobs in Australia - PrincipalVisas.com

Comment

I've heard about the dangerous animals from Australia like: spiders, snakes, jellyfish, crocodiles That's why I don't know if I'll ever go there...
                            Virgin Islands yacht charters

Comment

I hate snakes, they are horrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X