Barossa Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barossa Valley

The Barossa Valley is a major wine-producing region and tourist destination of South Australia, located 60 km northeast of Adelaide. It is the valley formed by the North Para River, and the Barossa Valley Way is the main road through the valley, connecting the main towns on the valley floor of Nuriootpa, Tanunda, Rowland Flat and Lyndoch.

The wine industry plays a major role in the Barossa, being the main source of employment for many residents. The many hectares of vineyard are the most distinctive feature of the area, especially when viewed from the Mengler Hill lookout positioned on the range of hills that form one side of the valley itself. The success of the wine industry has historically been celebrated every two years with a week-long Barossa Valley Vintage Festival. The festival draws visitors from all over the world and has entertainment for all tastes including a huge street parade, concerts and gourmet dining.

The Barossa Valley is primarily known for its red wine, in particular Shiraz. Normally large proportions of Barossa Shiraz is used in Penfolds Grange (Australia's most famous wine). Other main grape varieties grown in the region include Riesling, Semillon, Grenache and Cabernet Sauvignon. There are also some fortified wines traditionally produced in the region.

The week-long Barossa Vintage Festival is held biennially, in odd-numbered years. The festival runs for around a week, and traditionally marks and celebrates the completion of the year's vintage season, at the end of March and beginning of April. A variety of wine-themed events are held during the festival, including wine tastings and competitions, musical events, food events with local produce, balls and parades.

The Barossa Vintage Festival was first held in 1947, to celebrate the end of the grape harvest, and the end of hostilities in World War II, and has run continually since. It is Australia's oldest and longest-running wine festival.

If you’re driving you can follow the Barossa’s carefully-designed food and wine trails. Taste delectable breads, smoked meats and other regional produce on the Butcher, Baker and Winemaker Trail. Or collect your esky of hand-made cheeses and begin matching at wineries along the Barossa Cheese and Wine Trail. Wind down the palm-lined Seppeltsfield Road past 11 cellar doors and local food and wine producers. If you’d prefer to stroll, the Para Road Wine path takes in four acclaimed cellar doors along the river in historic Tanunda.

Learn more about the Barossa’s rich history on the heritage trail which stretches from Kapunda in the north to Mt Pleasant in the south. It winds through the Barossa’s many villages, showcasing museums, pioneer buildings and some of Australia’s oldest wineries. Wander the rose garden of a majestic chateau and browse the Tanunda museum, housed in the town’s original 1865 post-office. Here church furniture, pottery and other relics help you imagine the life of the region’s early German settlers. Art remains a rich part of the Barossa tradition, and you’ll find art galleries, studios, craft outlets and antique stores everywhere. Wineries, cafes and restaurants often double as galleries for local artists.

Take the Barossa Scenic Heritage route through charming villages such as Bethany, Angaston, Nuriootpa, Greenock, Seppeltsfield, Maranaga and Tanunda. Drive through the Barossa Sculpture Park to the top of Mengler Hill Drive for incredible panoramic views of the Barossa’s lush valleys.

If you have the time, the Barossa is the ideal place to indulge and unwind. Play golf between the gum-trees on one of the Barossa’s championship courses or stroll through the fragrant lavender farm. Complete your Barossa holiday by checking into a day spa, healing retreat or luxurious vineyard resort.
    Find the most interesting place from attractions guide
    Find the similar links
    List of hotels |Imports Company

Find it very information. Never been known for this region., Get some very useful information.
    Limo Hire Melbourne

Comment

Interesting read! Find it very informative and useful info. Nice share!
      I love Gold Coast luxury apartments and the Holiday apartments Surfers Paradise when I'm on holiday.

Comment

Barossa valley is formed by the North Para River, and the Barossa Valley Way is the main road through the valley, connecting the main towns on the valley. It is a great picnic spot.
        Visit the top immigration to Australia firm in the world.

Comment

Nice to know about it.I have never seen it but its very interesting to see Wine factories there.I like it so much.I would like to travel to it in my summer vacation because many informative stuff ii carry from this valley and i hope i really enjoy it.Its so beautiful also.I know about its hotels.These are very nice to live.I love it.
          This site give to you much reliable journey
          durham to new york bus

Comment

I have heard of this valley and i guess what you have written is totally according to the way how it is so yeah sticking to all these ways can be helpful and at the same time because it lets us grow in a good manner all can be working for me big time.
            When it comes to my traveling i usually use fort lauderdale to boca raton that stays quite reasonable for me.

Comment

Its a place which is fine enough for a lot and also throughout we can get to have ideas like thousand islands boat tours and they are pretty decent with all the needs which works surely.

Comment

Barossa Valley is the most famous tourist destination of the world. Its is most promising one destination among the nature's sightseeing lovers. Its lush greenery spots grab attentions of visitors towards it. I love this place due to its rich nature beauty. It offers many breathing hiking trails where tourists could enjoy nature's rich charm.
                Last edited by jack567; 11-06-2015, 09:21 AM.

Comment

jack567! I am going to agree with you, you are right saying about this attraction. many travelling lovers to go there for having fun, but now I like to say that I want to see its some images, Can you like to share with me its some images? I will wait for your next post..

Comment

Jack! You have shared nice information about Barossa Valley. After reading your post, I also want to see some iamges of this valley. Because this destination name sound cool. After seeing the images of this destination. I will explore this place after my tours from ny.

Comment

I have visited Barossa Valley last year with my father. This place is famous as the wine-producing region. This is a nice place to visit you should also explore this destination. You will enjoy a good time there. I am going to share some images for you which I personally have captured during my tour.

I am sure after watching these images you would like to go there soon.

Comment

The images of Barossa Valley are fully describing that it will be an amazing place to visit. I would like tog o there and explore this attractive destination personally. I like to explore these kinds of places so sure will gonna good experience for me. Let me know that where I can stay during my tour of this valley? Let me know the name of any accommodation which will be best for stay and dining at this new place?

Comment

Working...
                        X