• About Thailand

Continent : Asia

Country Name : Kingdom of Thailand

Capital Name : Bangkok

Area : 513,115 km²

Population : 65,828,706

Language : Thai

Government : Constitutional monarchy.

Religion : Buddhist 95%, Islam 5%, Christian 1% (2000)

Race : Thai 75%, Chinese 14%, other 11%

Currency : Baht (฿) (THB)

Times Zone : (UTC+7)

Internet Code : .th

Country Code : 66

Electricity : 220 V 50 Hz Plug type A & C*

Country information

The Kingdom of Thailand is a country in Southeast Asia. To its east lie Laos and Cambodia; to its south, the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia and to its west, the Andaman Sea and Myanmar. Its capital and largest city is Bangkok.

Thailand is divided into 76 provinces , which are gathered into 5 groups of provinces by location. There are also 2 special governed districts: the capital Bangkok (Krung Thep Maha Nakhon) and Pattaya, of which Bangkok is at provincial level and thus often counted as a 76th province.

Visa Information for Thailand

Nationals of the following countries may enter Thailand without a visa for a visit of up to 30 days.

Australia Austria Bahrain Belgium Brazil Brunei Canada Denmark Finland France Germany Greece Hong Kong Iceland Indonesia Ireland Israel Italy Japan Kuwait Laos Luxembourg Macau Malaysia Netherlands New Zealand Norway Oman Peru Philippines Portugal Qatar Singapore South Africa Spain Sweden Switzerland Turkey United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States of America and Vietnam

Nationals from Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru and South Korea can enter for up to 90 days.
    MY SIGNATURE WAS TOO BIG

If you really are interested in visiting Thailand and making the most of the limited time you have planned for your visit, read as much as you can... Lonely Planet (Travel Guide Book) would prove to be a really good companion...
    Some fast facts about Thailand are:
    Pick-up joint: the world’s second-largest pick-up truck market after the US
    Border countries: Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar (Burma)
    Population: 65,493,296
    Guinness World Records: longest condom chain, most couples married underwater and most Mini Coopers in a convoy (444 cars parked to spell out ‘Long Live the King’)
    Karaoke culture: every major band or singer releases video CDs (VCD) specially formatted for karaoke-style singalongs
    Religion: 95% Buddhist
    Literacy: 92.6%, though reading anything other than the newspaper or comic books is regarded as an eccentric hobby
    Currency: what's the Thai baht worth today?
    Prime Minister: Yingluck Shinawatra
    Number of 7-Elevens currently: 3912
    Highest point: Doi Inthanon 2565m
    Head of state: King Bhumibol Adulyadej (Rama IX)

Comment

Read your valuable post. I am thankful for this great and informative post regarding on Thailand.
      Last edited by henryka_marks; 10-31-2012, 12:16 PM.
      I would like to go on holidays with Cheap Campervan Rental

Comment

About Thailand

Hi friends,

Thanks for sharing an useful information. And that was a nice details about Thailand.... And off course if you need any luxury hotels accommodation for minimum cost just approach me i will do my best.. I am one of the travel advertiser. And i will do my best. Don't hesitate......

Thanks
        leema

Comment

Thailand has a lot to offer and you can even call the country as your perfect destination when it comes to spending your holidays. You can find everything here such as; thick jungle, crystal blue waters that feel more like a warm bath than a swim in the ocean and food that can curl your nose hairs while tap dancing across your taste buds. Truly amazing!

Comment

I checked this post and I found here very helpful information about Thailand. This post will be very useful for Thailand visitors. I will share this info with my all friends. Thank you so much for this post.
            I would like to go on holidays with Cheap Campervan Rental

Comment

Thailand is very close to nature and the best thing is Thai food. No one can ignore street food of Thailand. This country has a plenty of beautiful spots like Phuket etc. Everyone should try Thailand for his holidays atleast for once.
              Apply for Singapore Visa

Comment

Thanks for sharing this useful information about Thailand. About ten years back I went this country with one of my friends where we saw the Walking Street, Pattaya and Jomtien Beach. Both places were very crowded and popular tourist attractions. In my next visit I’ll check out more famous places of this country.
                Get ready for yellowstone bus tours in this summer.
                Last edited by Ash; 08-18-2014, 02:20 PM.
                I'm ready to visit Belize top beaches.

Comment

you share very informative things about thailand. i also like Thailand, Especially its beaches.
                  Thailand people are loving and honest.
                  Girls are very pretty. Thailand is very cheap, though the north is far cheaper than Bangkok and the islands.
                  I feel calm in Thailand.

Comment

Alizey if we talk about the beaches of Thailand than how we can forget the Phuket?
                    Phuket is a provincial tropical paradise. From the beautiful water where Leonardo Di Caprio featured in ‘The Beach’, to the striking sunsets, palm strewn beaches and extraordinarily clear waters, Phuket is an opposite to Bangkok’s insanity: calm, eye-catching, and quite incredibly difficult to leave.
                    I'm ready to visit Belize top beaches.

Comment

Well, Thailand is the best place for travelling in Asia, its beaches and places are serene and lush like such a dream place especially Phuket, Pattaya, Chiang Mai and Bangkok.
                      Moreover, Thai peoples are friendlier and helpful which is the main reason that number of tourist visits there even I also like couple of time visits there and I really enjoyed.

Comment

I agree with all members. Thailand is most popular country. Natural beauty is the major reason of its popularity. There are different places very attractive for tourists. I have visited there in my whole traveling experience and enjoy very much.

Comment

Bangkok. is a really nice destination for travelling lover, but I like its natural beauty in night sky view. I want to visit again and again there and great fun there. There are many restaurants, hotels, and bars. I like Bangkok night views of sky. Now I share an image of my last tour of Bangkok. I love travel of Bangkok. Now I have a plan to visit there in my summer holidays.

Comment

Thailand is really and most wondeful country for for travelling as tourism point of view. It offers a divers king of places and and you can enjoy there a lot of most fabulous and interesting activities like hiking, trekking., camping, moter biking, diving and surfing. It is also famous destination and my favorite too. I love this destination due to its impressive beaches and islands. Many travelling lover go there annually for enjoyment. What will you say about it?

Comment

tomammi! Its really good to see that you have shared here with all of us really nice view. I really like this and in my point of view, this place is best for arranging any kind of parties and best for arranging a candlelight dinner for your special one. I want to know about this place in some details?

Comment

Working...
                              X