X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Tips in Thailand

Hi guys,

I have some information which may be useful when you travel to Thailand:

***Climate: generally very hot, particularly between March and May. The monsoon season runs from June to October, when the climate is still hot and humid with torrential rains. The best time for travelling is November to February (cool season), although the southern islands are best from June to September.

***Currency of Thailand: Baht (THB/฿) with the smallest note is 20 and biggest one is 1,000. Coins are in denominations of ฿10, 5 and 1, and 50 and 25 satang.
    Exchange rate: 1USD = ฿34.89

***People: Thai people are friendly. But they have a deep, traditional reverence for the Royal Family, and visitors should always show respect for the King, the Queen and the Royal Children.

***Shopping:
    - Thai silk, cotton.
    - Nielloware , silverware, bronzeware
    - Pottery, celadon
    - Precious stones, finished jewelry
    - Wood carvings
    - Thai orchids

***Transportation within the city:
    - Taxi: 35 baht for the first 3 kilometers and approximately 5 baht for every kilometer thereafter.
    - Tuk-Tuk or three wheel taxis are quite popular among the tourists for short journeys inside Bangkok. Fares range from a minimum of 30 baht to a maximum of 150 baht. Fares must be bargained for.
    - There are many boats plying the Chao Phraya River. Fares range between 5 and 15 baht.

Cheers!
    Indochina Travelland - Passion of Travel!
    http://www.indochinatravelland.com

Thanks for the tips friend, I hope can have a chance to visit Thailand one day. I just ever reach the border during go to Kelantan a few years ago.
    Total Travel Online l Travelog Media

Comment

That's useful! thanks for sharing
      Vietnam Outdoor Adventure Travel l Hanoi Airport Transfers

Comment

Travel to Thailand

I have some information when you travel to Thailand too. It's my own experience!
        Thailand is a really nice country! I have been there several times.Thanks for the site greenhousebkk.com I spent less money and less time for looking for an appartment to stay in. You can find International restaurant, where you can taste traditional Thai dishes. There is also an internet café, so you can stay in contact with your fiends and family. I spent my time greatly! Enjoy your stay in Thailand too!

Comment

Thank you katekate! I'm going to Thailand! Nice site!

Comment

I could visit in a Thailand half a year back. I can tell, that despite aggressive political colouring of Bangkok, cultural objects at all have not lost the value. Each pagoda or a temple - are unique, for example temple Bayon or Ta Prom Therefore, having visited you will not find in such places somewhere identical temples. Thailand services are very traditional. Now many prices have fallen, especially on fruit and transport. But services on delivery of premises for tourists only have succeeded, giving all range of tourist services. For example, service "Green House" is most extended. Certainly, it is possible to travel and it is independent. But in this service I could get acquainted with a Thailand for short time, having left myself the most pleasant emotions about a trip.

Comment

kha kha kha...thank your sharing
              i very interesting
              Vietnam Tours - Honeymoon in Vietnam

Comment

Thanx for that...I hope I'll visit Thailand once...

Comment

Nice tips. Your infos will be very helpful. Hope I could go there one day!
                  Learn the latest Pasadena News!

Comment

lately there is rumours that the thai people will put or give u some stuffs for free.

then when u want to go back to ur country, the airport will stop you and accuse you of stealing.

u will get extorted.
                    Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Hi there,
                      How about people in Thailand, I mean normal people, not Royal. Do visitors need to avoid doing anything that people there never do, like taking picture at somewhere not allowed
                      54 ethnic groups in Vietnam

Comment

here are tips which you want Thailand Travel Tips by Asia-Discovery.com
                        Vietnam travel

Comment

thanks for your information
                          Vietnam tours, tailor-made holidays with a Vietnam Travel company Halong Junk, halong cruise, Halong Tour, Halong travel Cruise Trips, Vietnam Travel

Comment

I hope I can go to Thailand someday. What's the best place to visit there?
                            Rome Italy Hotels | Rome Accommodations

Comment

Originally posted by melissa View Post
                              I hope I can go to Thailand someday. What's the best place to visit there?

phi phi island

Comment

Working...
                              X