Philippines 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philippines 2008

Philippines today is what we say - a very corrupt country, actually its the 2nd most corrupt country in the whole world.

Manila is the second most populous city proper in the Philippines, with more than 1.6 million inhabitants. Only nearby Quezon City, the country's former capital, is more populous.

yeah maybe corrupt but those things are things only that we see on news and read on papers, philippines has 1701 islands to offer. manila might be populated because it is the capital of businesses and all but how about the white beaches in palawan, cebu and mindanao.. they are world class and you cannot compare it to beaches anywhere else. and maybe yeah the government is corrupt but the people of the philippines are kind, warm and easy to be with.
    cruise ships

Comment

I got a tip that when you want to visit the Philippines, don't stay in Manila (the country's capital). Stay in Davao City - the country's most habitable and competent city. That is somehow ironic, since Davao is not their center of tourism. But, I saw the place and it was amazing! The beaches are great, the weather is fine, the people are nice, the food is delicious and the prices are very affordable. I've heard their water (in Davao) is the best in Asia. I was so happy to have chosen Davao rather than staying in congested Manila. Next place I would love to try is Palawan, Philippines.

Comment

Philippines 2008

I got a trip to Philippines and I am not familiar with that place and I would like to know the atmosphere conditions etc about Philippines. I would like to prefer one site "http://www.only4deals.com/" where we can feel comfortable in accommodation and in price also. If you've travelled at all, you know that packing for a trip can be time consumer and perhaps a worrisome ordeal. If you're travelling a far distance, to some exotic land, the pressure really cranks up.

Comment

Even though thats the case !!! Philippines is still a good places.. And also the people are sweet and hospitable!!!
          Hotel Deals & Vacation Rentals

Comment

Davao is nice but you should try going up north.
            The Ilocos region have lots of beaches and friendly folks. I've been to hundred islands in Pangasinan.
            If you love cycling you can cycle up north from Manila. You can go up to Baguio..you can also hike in the Sagada Mountains underground river and take a short ride to Bontoc to catch a ride going Banaue to see the rice terraces.
            Go back down to La Union and you can continue going north up to Cagayan. There
            are a lot of accommodation just ask around. Local folks are just so friendly they would offer their homes for free if the need arises.
            Vikings Shelly Lakes

Comment

destination BUTUAN City

guys, there's a new travel destination in the Philippines...it has the trappings of rich history (preHispanic Philipine history) and rich exotic culture....added to its scenic natural adventure destinations...I hope this link will be useful, just click and explore

[link removed]

Comment

yep, the Philippines might be branded as a corrupt country.. but, i still have hope that this country will change for the better..

we do not need a charter change, we do not need to change our present system of governance because these two are stable systems that can propel the philippines to new heights.. what we need to do is to change the corrupt leaders that run this country..

our consititution institutionalizes fairness and goodwill to men in all corners of the country, the ones that break these laws are the those that are corrupt..

the philippines is still a better homeland to live in!
                Philippine Travel Destinations - Philippines Travel Guide

Comment

eventhough Philippines is a corrupt country, it is still considered as the "Pearl of the Orient Seas"...

It still has the magnificent beaches and breathtaking scenic spots!!!!

I am still proud I am a filipina!
                  Free airfare tickets, Cheap flight tickets, free airfare flight reservations

Comment

yeah right!!

i dont know whats happening in our country..
                    lets just hope it will end,...

Comment

dont worry bro. 1 day it will end.

hmm, never been to Philippines before.

thanks for the info. Davao sounds like a nice place to travel to.
                      Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Hello to all

The Philippines (Filipino: Pilipinas [pɪlɪˈpinɐs]) officially known as the Republic of the Philippines, is a country in Southeast Asia in the western Pacific Ocean. To its north across the Luzon Strait lies Taiwan. To its west across the South China Sea is Vietnam. The Sulu Sea to the southwest separates it from the island of Borneo and to the south the Celebes Sea from other islands of Indonesia. It is bounded on the east by the Philippine Sea. An archipelago comprising 7,107 islands, the Philippines has the 5th longest coastline in the world.The islands are broadly categorized into three main geographical divisions: Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao.The capital city is Manila.

Thanks
                        Cordless Drills

Comment

Almost every country has its flaws and its issues. I'd say that there is a big hope for the country and it may begin for its upcoming election for next year's president. I just hope and pray for the Filipinos that they choose wisely and that there will be no cheats. the news that I have heard about the massacre in Maguindanao is very devastating. I will still visit Boracay and the hospitable Filipino friends despite the corruptness of the Government officials...
                          Australian ETA

Comment

Where would be the safest place to visit with your family?

Thanks

Comment

Your perception of Philippines as a corrupt country will hopefully disappear with the new administration who vowed to eliminate corruption.

Comment

Working...
                              X