Dive sites in the Philippines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dive sites in the Philippines

Century old wrecks, mating mandarin fish, threatening thresher sharks, meter-long giant clams. These are just some of the reasons why professional divers from the United States (US) and the United Kingdom (UK) are getting more and more drawn to the Philippine’s underwater paradise.

Cebu, Stedman and Villoch headed to Apo Island in Negros. The dive writer underlined Apo Island as a marine restoration success story, with even the Chicago’s Shedd Museum dedicating a permanent exhibit for it entitled Wild Reef.ReadMore
    tourist spots in the philippines

if I have a chance to visit again the Philippines I never miss the opportunity to try to do diving...
    Wayfarer Beach House

Comment

I've been to Moalboal Cebu 3 years ago, but i didnt try to do scuba diving. I wish next time i visit Cebu.. i will do scuba diving.
      NationalVisas.com - USA Visa and ESTA Information Online.

Comment

There are many beautiful divespots in the Philippines. The ones already mentioned are the most famous.
        I can recommend Camiguin Island as well for diving ,besides the other attractions it has to offer.
        Around the sunken cemetary, Mantique island and other places there are excellent dive spots.

Comment

I found a blog that has their Top 10 Dive Sites. I'll share it with you.

Sabang Bay, Puerto Galera
          Critter heaven and right in front of the beach at Sabang! Photographer Gunther Deichmann tells us why this dive site just a few hours from Manila is his favourite.

Taiei Maru Wreck, Coron
          Project Manager for scubadivephilippines.com, Jem Kemp, has a few difficulties deciding upon his own favourite but on balance decides that wreck diving on Taiei Maru, Coron is the one of the best dives in the Philippines.

Yapak 2, Boracay
          Yapak 2 on the north side of Boracay has the big stuff – sharks, tuna and rays are frequent visitors to this outstanding wall and it can be world class at times. Read what Instructor and Architect Matt Holder says...

Sombrero, Anilao
          Anilao is close to Manila and is home to some great diving, anthias and damsels are everywhere and it is perfect for those interested in macro-life. By contrast, currents may bring in sharks and tuna. DM Joey de la Cruz has happy memories.

The Pier, Dumaguete
          Gabrielle Holder, PADI Course Director goes with a local bias and chooses the Pier at Dumaguete. Gaby is notorious, sorry make that well known, for her love of macro life and the Pier is one of the best spots in The Philippines and indeed in Asia for checking out the small stuff...

Canyons, Puerto Galera
          In which Tommy Soderstom explains that he is always very busy and works too hard but when he has the time, he loves to dive Canyons...

Monad Shoal, Malapascua
          Monad Shoal is one of the few places in the world where you can see Thresher sharks. These large, 6 metre long sharks can be seen in the early mornings.

Coconut, Apo Island
          Apo Island, close to Dumaguete, of the many dives sites around the island Coconut is considered one of the very best. Often the spot with the best visibility the primary attraction is that it is here the huge schools of Jacks are often seen.

Divers Heaven, Balicasag
          Balicasag can be visited as a day trip from Alona Beach. Diver’s Heaven is a wall dive with mild currents which are good for divers of all experience levels.

Apo Reef
          This world-famous marine sanctuary has excellent macro photography opportunities plus the chance to see much bigger life such as sharks, turtles, manta rays, barracuda and more.

Crocodile Island, Boracay
          A stunning shallow wall just 15 minutes away from Boracay Island’s world-famous white beach. The top of the wall is covered in beautiful corals.
          Last edited by myjade84; 08-09-2013, 12:10 AM.
          "Natural beauty is the best"

Garcinia Cambogia

Supplements Australia

Comment

Working...
          X