Fly Siquijor!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly Siquijor!

We had a marketing campaign in Siquijor a few months back on aviation courses that we distributed posters and flyers to the schools there. It was so much fun coz we got to tour around the island at the same time.

The warm and sincere smiles of the Siquijorians makes you forget about vodoos and stuff (as rumored)... really we were out until 9pm because we were also invited over for a town fiesta (one of our staff has relatives there) - and amazingly, we didn't see any flying ladies... or witches... or even weird animals.

It is a typical small island surrounded by nature-made wonders (falls, hot and cold springs, and yes! white sand beaches).

My only concern in going there is... the means. I will never attempt to go there by boat because of the waves (even on fair weather conditions)... so we flew our way and had the grandest time.

So I suggest you go and see.. It's a nice place to bring your family - quality time with them is definitely possible in Siquijor.

And if you wish to fly to Siquijor, just let me know and I'll give you access.

Godspeed!

there is an airport over there ?
    Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Originally posted by travelgeek View Post
      there is an airport over there ?
      i think there isn't any airport there yet (correct me if i'm wrong).. the only way you can reach the place is through sea travel by boats.. Siquijor can be reached via Cebu, Bohol or Dumaguete..
      Philippine Travel Destinations - Philippines Travel Guide

Comment

Siquijor

We spent two weeks in March on Siquijor, and it was really amazing vacation. I totally agree, that Pilipino are very friendly and sincere people. If you ask them for help, they do always help you.
        And Siquijor is the most attractive destination in Philippines, I think. There are not so many tourists, nobody would chase you offering any services or goods like in India or Thai.
        There are only several small resorts. Most of them are held by European owners. So the service is still very good. We stayed at Charisma resort with only 6 rooms. Very beatiful and quiet resort right on the beach.
        The only problem with Siquijor is that there are almost no WiFi connection zones. So you would need to check your mail in an Internet cafe.
        You can reach Siquijor only by fast ferry from Cebu or Bohol. Please be ready to freeze there, because it's very cold on a ferry due to air conditioning.
        Maui, Hawaii, Best Vacation Rentals: Condos, Villas, Cottages/Ohanas

Comment

If you are rich enough to fly via a private plane, the small one of course, then you can reach the island without experiencing the big waves. Otherwise, you have no choice as of the moment.

Comment

I went to Cebu last year but I never had the chance to visit Siquijor. I should have gone there. Maybe next time.
            Screw The Airlines to save on travel expenses

Comment

I want to go in Siquijor! I want to spent time with my family and friends there and enjoy the place
              tourist spots in the philippines

Comment

Working...
              X