Ati-Atihan Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ati-Atihan Festival

The Ati-Atihan Festival is a feast held in honor of the Santo Niņo held annually in January concluding on third Sunday, in the town of Kalibo, Aklan in the Philippines.

It is the wildest among Philippine fiestas and considered as the Mother of All Philippine festivals. Celebrants paint their faces with black soot and wear bright, outlandish costumes as they dance in revelry during the last three days of this two week-long festival. Catholics and non-Catholics alike observe this special day with processions, parades, dancing, and merrymaking. There is a modest range of accommodation in Kalibo: Tourists are advised to book reservations well before the Ati-Atihan.

"Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it"
    computer repairs Melbourne
    Limousine hire Melbourne

looks like some south african event !
    Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Originally posted by travelgeek View Post
      looks like some south african event !
      one of the inhabitants of the Philippines long ago was the Aeta group of people, they were dark-skinned in color and had curly hairs.. they practice ritual dancing also.. somehow their practices have been picked up by today's dancers and are showcased in festivals just like Ati-atihan..
      Philippine Travel Destinations - Philippines Travel Guide

Comment

Ati-atihan festival is one of my favorite festival, and many tourist attend this event! I love to watch their street dance and their colorful costume!
        tourist spots in the philippines

Comment

O my God! So nice and colorful. I will surely attain one of it.
          Hotel EBooking Service

Comment

Here's a picture of the Ati-atihan Festival this year.

Last edited by myjade84; 06-26-2013, 04:01 AM.
            "Natural beauty is the best"

Garcinia Cambogia

Supplements Australia

Comment

I must say both of these that you have shared relly nice sharing and photos about Ati-Atihan Festival. I have no idea about this festival but I heard about it through many people a lot. I have decided that I must enjoy once this festival in my life. Any recommendation?

Comment

Working...
              X