An Overview of Tokyo's Pride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Overview of Tokyo's Pride

Tokyo, the capital of Japan, showcases various prides which you must never miss as you set foot to the Land of the Rising Sun.

When translated in English, Tokyo means “eastern capital”. It ranks among the very well developed cities of Japan and is also held as a prime tourist spot in the whole world. Travelling to Japan is one good way of going back to Tokyo’s times of old.

Originally, Tokyo was named Edo which appeared as a small village with fishing as the people’s main source of living. Edo was then the cradle of the Japanese Imperial dynasty. Being the “eastern capital” or so, Tokyo is the biggest city of Japan and is the main point for the country’s administrative concerns. There are three areas that consists the metropolis of Tokyo and among of which are the Tama area, its surrounding islands, and the other 23 special wards. As you set foot in Tokyo, you’ll be surprised to find out the locations that border Japan’s capital. There you have the Chiba Prefecture, Tamagawa River, Yamanashi Prefecture, Edogawa River, Saitama Prefecture, and the Kanagawa Prefecture.

As a tourist destination, Tokyo is rich in museums, historical sites, architectural monuments, palaces, and national parks. Also, your shopping spree will never be missed as there is a wide availability of shopping malls and local souvenir shops. Entertaining yourself is also not a problem because both high-class and affordable restaurants, nightclubs, and bars are scattered all around Tokyo.

Spending the holiday in Tokyo, Japan will all be worth it with the hotels that are really comfy and fit to your budget. If you require a top of the notch amenities in your hotel room, then you can direct the cab driver to take you to one of the world class hotels of Tokyo. But if you’re working out a vacation in Tokyo with a limited budget, cheaper accommodations can thus be provided to you.

Tokyo is accessible whatever your means of transportation is. I recommend that you pay a visit to the Imperial Palace or Tokyo National Museum for a vivid exposure to Japan’s rich culture, architecture, art, and history.

Yep, I tell you guys, it’s so cool to pay a visit to Tokyo National Museum. As an art lover myself, I marvelled at the huge collection of Japanese art since time immemorial. The sculptures, porcelain, writing stuffs, and swords are all displayed in the gallery. Archaeology is also featured in Tokyo National Museum. Some of the galleries’ viewing time is from Tuesday to Sunday from 9:30 am down to 5:00 pm. With only a minimal entrée fee of 420 yen, I’ve satiated my craving for antique Japanese art collections. I also suggest you try it in one of your visits in Tokyo.

Comment

Really? The entrance fee is only 420 yen? Are there no other special charges in some of the galleries? I don’t know how true it is but I’ve heard this rumour that a tourist will only be admitted to view some authentic archives for an additional fee. Please advice me on this.

Comment

What is the exact location of Tokyo National Museum? How will you describe the Imperial Palace?

Comment

impressive post

now i want to go to tokyo!

Comment

i want to go also... but as usual...

can't afford it...
            Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Tokyo is known all over the world.. When you say Japan, you imagine Tokyo.. Tokyo is Japan.
              Philippine Travel Destinations - Philippines Travel Guide

Comment

Working...
              X