Famous Sightseeing Destinations in Tokyo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Famous Sightseeing Destinations in Tokyo

Tokyo is a shelter to many sightseeing destinations. Take into account the luscious gardens, parks, shrines, architectural sites, temples, historical locations, and museums. A visit to this superb city will provide you with a comprehensive idea regarding its culture, art, history and architectural collections.

Do you fancy flowers of all sorts? Then Tokyo can be a good place to visit. The city is the home to several gardens and natural parks. I recommend that you take a tour at the Koishikawa Korakuen Garden and the Inokashira Park as well. There you’ll see Cherry Blossom trees and roses all in full bloom. Now if you love animals, drop by at Ueno Zoo and check out the birds and other animal species. A relaxing view of water fountains can thus be spotted in Wadakura Fountain Park.

After which, move on to the temples and shrines of the city. By going to the religious destinations, you can also feel a calm atmosphere enveloping you. Plus, you get to see the authentic architectural designs of the temples and shrines of Japan. Two of the well-known temples in Tokyo are the Gokuku-ji and Sensoji Temples. Likewise, you can also pay your respects to the victims of Japan’s horrible wars at the Yasukuni Shrine.

Other tourist attractions for you to visit are the art galleries and museums. Japanese archaeological finds and Japanese artifacts are safely kept in Tokyo National Museum, Asakura Choso Museum, Mori Art Museum, Bridgestone Museum of Art, Fukagawa Edo Period Museum, and many more.

Some of the historic sites that you might want to schedule a trip to are in the Hayashi Memorial Hall, Aoyama Cemetery, Edo Castle, Statue of Liberty, and Hachiko.

Architectural masterpieces are embodied by the Tokyo Tower, the Rainbow Bridge, Sunshine 60 Building, Kabuki Theatre, Tsukiji Fish Market, and many more. Kids will likewise enjoy the rides in the Sanrio Puroland theme parks.

Also, I advise you to maximize your stay in Tokyo and check out the Izu Island, Roppongi Hills, Mount Takao, and Ginza.

Hotels and accommodations are not a problem in Tokyo. The residents themselves will advice you on where to stay depending on the available budget that you have with you. Maps are likewise sold in many bookstores. If transportation is your worry, rented cars are also within reach.

Sightseeing in Tokyo is no better experience. See it for yourself!

Are the man-made wonders of Tokyo such as the Tokyo Tower, Rainbow Bridge, and so on just near each other? If not, how much travel time should I allow for each destination? You see, I’m currently finalizing my Christmas holiday break destination and as I’ve read your post, I suddenly became interested in arranging a trip for Tokyo.

Comment

Do you know of any tourist guide there? I want to ensure my family’s safety so please advice me on how to get one.

Comment

I also plan to come to Tokyo. This is gonna be my first Asian tour. Can you suggest some affordable yet clean and comfy hotels? My wife’s quite meticulous when it comes to the cleanliness of the room but we also want to save much on our allowance. I’ll look forward to the info you’ll pass on.

Comment

i'd like to see the cherry blossoms of japan.

Comment

Enjoy Akihabara for its crazy anime/game atmosphere.

Comment

yeap, akihabara is a haven for all those geeks.
              Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Akibahara is the place to go if you love anime and manga? Cool. I am one of them. I wish i can buy Naruto souvenirs and a lot of English manga there.
                "Natural beauty is the best"

Garcinia Cambogia

Supplements Australia

Comment

will stay in Tokyo for 2 days next month, any suggestion on must-see? many many thanks!
                  Love travel gogogo

tibet tour

jiuzhaigou tour

Comment

kristie418, If you are planning a trip to Tokyo must visit the Imperial Palace & East Garden. It is a nice place to see there. It is the main residence of the Emperor of Japan. Except on Jan 2 and Dec 23, the palace buildings and inner gardens are not open to the public. East Garden is a part of the inner palace area and are open to the public.

Comment

Japanese Attractions can be magical and unforgettable.
                      The iconic Mt Fuji, has been the background of countless romantic proposals,
                      the Golden temple in Kyoto is on of the most Romantic places to visit,
                      and there’s More…

Comment

Best attractions of Tokyo are:
                        • Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
                        • Tokyo Sky Tree East Tower
                        • Tokyo City View
                        • Nezu Museum
                        • Yoyogi Park
                        Last edited by Ash; 08-18-2014, 02:05 PM.
                        I'm ready to visit Belize top beaches.

Comment

Definitely Japan is a beautiful country and offers a number of attractions. I think most attractive place in Japan are.
                          1. Ginza
                          2. Sensoji Temple
                          3. Rikugien Garden
                          4. Koishikawa Korakuen Garden
                          5. Tokyo Imperial Palace
                          6. Tokyo Tower
                          7. TOKYO SKYTREE
                          For further details visit this link: TOKYO SIGHTSEEING - Go Japan Go
                          I found this http://www.getbustours.com/east-coast-tours/ very informative about great attractions in the East Coast region of Untied State.

Comment

Tokyo Imperial Palace is a nice place to see in Tokyo. It is located in the Chiyoda area of Tokyo close to Tokyo Station . We can view the Nijubashi, two bridges that form an entrance to the inner palace grounds from Kokyo Gaien, the large plaza in front of the Imperial Palace.

Comment

“FRANKIE” you are right Tokyo Imperial Palace is a great attraction. The inner grounds of the palace are generally not open to the public. Only on January 2 (New Year's Greeting) and December 23 (Emperor's Birthday), visitors are able to enter the inner palace grounds and I got the chance to get inn, so I thought to share this with you.
                              I'm ready to visit Belize top beaches.

Comment

Working...
                              X