Tokyo Wonders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Wonders

How do you plan your typical vacation getaway in the capital city of none other than but the Land of the Rising Sun? Let me tell you of where you have to go in one of your rare visits in Tokyo.

Tokyo National Museum. This is considered as the biggest museum ever built in the entire Japan. The largest volume of Japanese art collection is sheltered in Tokyo National Museum. The galleries are divided into Japanese art, Asian Art, Asian archaeology, Japanese archaeology, treasures of Horyu-ji, and special exhibits. If you chance upon the presentation of special exhibits from renowned artists, you must be ready to expect the severely lengthy lines. As you see, the Japanese people are lovers of arts.

Fish Market in Tsukiji. Have you seen live and really huge crustaceans and varieties of fish? Then open your eyes to the wonders that the Tsukiji Fish Market has at stake. It is a wholesaler market and you can take a look at their products. The best time to wander around the market is from 5:00 am till 8:00 am. The market is thus closed on Sundays and holidays.

The Kabuki-za Theatre. If you’re a lover of the theatre, then get the chance to view a play honouring the rich cultural past of Japan. If the Japanese language is strange to you, English explanation and narration is available by using the provided earphones. The usual performances last from three hours onwards. If you intend to watch the Kabuki play, then you must book a day before your desired schedule.

Imperial Palace. This is the official home of the Imperial family of Japan. Public viewing is only allowed once in a year and that falls on the 1st of January.

East Garden. Strolling around the East Garden can be done though the palace is not up for public viewing. The garden is located at the middle portion of the aged castle with open lawns and tea pavilions.

Meiji-Jingu Shrine. The shrine is an impressive token for the Empress Shoken and Emperor Meiji. Totally ruined during the outbreak of World War II, its original features were retained bearing the Japanese cypress wood material. Just a few kilometres are the Koen Park, Yoyogi Park, and the Harajuku shopping centre.

Kamakura. This has been at a certain point in time assigned as Japan’s capital. In here, you’ll spot numerous Shinto shrines and Buddhist temples. Among its popular spots are The Great Buddha, Hase-dera Temple, and a nearby beach wherein people flock during the summer.

Nikko. If you love looking at shrines, then go to Nikko. Among the major attractions are the Rinno-ji Temple, Tosho-gu Temple, and the Futara-sanjinja Shrine. Tombs, halls filled with treasures and torii gates are likewise eye catchers in Nikko.

Take my word, Tokyo houses various wonders that the whole world can gape at.

How much entrance fees are collected for each of Tokyo’s tourist destination? Are there any special tour packages offered by local tour guides? I plan to spend the summer in Tokyo this year. Kindly keep me posted for further info.

Comment

How vast is the Imperial Palace? At what time of January 1 does it open?

Comment

Thanks for the detailed list of Tokyo’s wonders. It’ll surely help me find my way in Tokyo.

Comment

i didn't know that kamakura became the capital of japan before. thanks for the info!

Comment

I already want to go to Japan, but reading this forum is making me want more and more.

Comment

There's something special with japan, I don't know what it is. I have talked with plenty of travellers during my internet life, and most people say the same. There is something that makes us all very curious about that country. Whatever it may be: culture, people, their way of living, japanese cuisine (sushi among others). I can say that im very curious on the culture, the people and how they are living life.

Here's an interesting article about japanese cuisine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_cuisine

Im not that fond of sushi or other japanese cuisine's.
              Administrator

Comment

I am really keen on the hotsprings and it is a big part of Japanese culture.

You have to get out of tokyo though to experience it in nature.

Tokyo has lots to do and would take days to see a lot.
                http://onsenfeeljapan.com/

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your kind information about Tokyo. Tokyo is very different from Western capitals, but what really sets it apart are its people. With a growing population of over 12 million within 1,300 square kilometres, Tokyo is Japan’s largest and most densely populated city; a bustling, state-of-the-art marketplace full of energy, humanity and astonishing contrasts. So I have a plane to go Tokyo thanks again for kind and excessive information.
                  costar has published article about hank freid and about his hotel in the new york cit

Comment

Tokyo the wonder of japan! That makes me more eager to go there...
                    Vikings Shelly Lakes

Comment

wonderful Tokyo...wonderful Japan ^^
                      ::: Have You Explored A New Adventure Destination Today ? :::

Comment

I have never been there before but hoping some day I will have a chance to visit this country and taste the authentic japanese food.
                        -------------------------------------------------
                        " Thailand Hotel Bookings "

Comment

I like Kabuki-za Theatre and East Garden the most out of the others recommended.
                          Luxury beach resorts
                          Luxury hotels in Paris

Comment

well, for a start, I want to visit Shibuya first !
                            Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Here I am going to share the names of some most famous wonders of Tokyo like:

Rainbow Bridge
                              Tokyo DisneySea
                              Showa Memorial Park
                              Hamarikyu Gardens
                              Tokyo National Museum

I hope my shared information would be useful for all kind of visitors. I want to know about your's favorite wonders.

Comment

Working...
                              X