Sexual harassment by police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sexual harassment by police

My (female) friend is travelling in India and has been subjected to graphic sexual harassment by a police officer inside a police station.

I am extremely angry. What - if anything - can be done about this?

Write Exactly What Happened. People Need to Know about this!!!!

So it's not happen again!

Comment

She was at a police station to submit a Protected Area Permit application. During the time she and two friends were queuing, an officer who had been outside the building returned to the station, saw that there were three white girls in the queue, marched into his office, left the door open, moved his desk chair so he could see them through his doorway, and began to masturbate.

I'm afraid I have no further details than that.

Comment

Dark Side of India

Sorry to shock you guys, but some sexual harassment of tourists in India is only the tip of the iceberg.

I lost my mother, murdered in India while going to teach children there and now work with other families seeking basic investigation by police and justice whom have had loved ones raped, murdered, robbed and gone missing in India.

This happens at a frightening rate and the worst experience following as reported by families from around the world is the pathetic response from Indian police and authorities. In many cases, basic information like a cause of death is never received let alone arrests and legal action. Hundreds of tourists are murdered each year, many more sexually assaulted, raped and vanish into thin air.

Although numbers would suggest attacks on foreigners are worse in India than most countries, I dont believe general violence in India is worse than in western countries but the response from police and authorities is comical and dangerously corrupt.

From the experience of many effected families, comments, suggestions or stats released by Police are rarely ever true or accurate and foreign consulates in India like the Russians, Japanese and Israelis are getting fed up with it.

For more details on this problem - www.touristsafetyandjusticeindia.com

Here is a BBC report on Goa
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/7295055...

Comment

omg ?

so its not safe to travel to India ?

aiyoyoyo.
          Learn Spanish, French, Italian, German or Japanese in just 30 days ! | A fired travel agent's guide to get DIRT CHEAP AIRFARE tickets !

Comment

Working...
          X