Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiping in INDIA & NEPAL........

Hi,
    Tipping in India is a common practice. There are basically two types of tips. In the first case, the tip is paid after the work is completed. In the second case, tip is given beforehand to ensure a good service. In hotels, porters and room service attendants are generally tipped at the end of the stay. However, the amount of tip varies depending on the type of services rendered and the type of establishment.
    In restaurants, the tip to waiters is around 10-15 percent of the bill. In cases of restaurants of famous and prestigious hotels, generally a 10 percent service surcharge is added to the bill. Tipping at such a place is discretionary. In smaller places, the tip is not a percentage of the bill. Rather, few rupees are given as a tip, depending on the quality of service.
    Tipping taxi and three-wheeler a driver is not too common but still they expect. It is up to your discretion. However if you want to give tip, then, 10 percent of the fare or leaving the change is enough. If you are hiring a car throughout your stay, then, tip the driver Rs. 100-200 per day, depending on the distance travelled. At railway stations, pay the porters around Rs. 10-20 per bag. But, make sure to set the rate beforehand. If you stay at somebody’s house, ask your host before giving tips to his/her domestic help.

All prices are in Rupees:-
    driver/guide for long transfers (up to 5 hrs or more) – 200 +
    driver for short transfers Airport-hotel -50 +
    guide at National parks – 200 +
    concierge at the hotel – 20 +
    waiter – 10% of the bill
    room maiden – 20 +
    Touristy people photos 10 +

All above advise are if you staying in mid range hotels or restaurants but if you staying in high class hotels then it can be just twice or more.

This issue is completely personal and depend on your pocket and services you are getting.
    I hope this will help you lot.
    Dear “SV” I also want to thank you for your appreciation and beautiful words for my efforts. It really encourages me to help people more and more.
    Thanks once again.
    Peace be at your home and in life too.
    Raju India.
    Opening the gate of India for your travel........
    http://www.rajuindia.com
    http://www.incrediblerealindia.com
Working...
X