Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Five famous moutains you must climb in China!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five famous moutains you must climb in China!!

1. Mount.Song(嵩山)

General introduction
    Located in Dengfeng (登封) County of Henan Province, Mount Song (嵩山) is called the Central Mountain of the Five Sacred Mountains. It has 36 peaks and stretches 60 kilometers, composed of Mount. Taishi(太室) and Mount. Shaoshi(少室).The highest peak is 1494 meters above sea level.
    Mount Song has fine natural scenery. Its 72 mountains, grouped around the peaks of Mount Shaoshi and Mount Taishi, extend for about 70 kilometers (43 miles) from east to west. Besides these mountains, there are many valleys, caves, pools and waterfalls, each of which provides the visitor with a unique and wonderful experience. The landscape is so unique that it has been given the title of 'International Geological Park' by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. (UNESCO).
    The history of Mount Song is as rich and interesting as its landscape. Mount Song is on the south bank of the Yellow River in China. The nearby Shaolin Temple(少林寺) is the birthplace of Zen Buddhism, and even today the temple's Forest of Pagodas named Ta Lin(塔林)is the largest in China. The Zhongyue Temple (中岳寺)is also located here, one of the earliest Taoist temples in the country. The Songyang Academy(嵩阳书院) nearby was one of the four great academies of ancient China. The mountain and its vicinity are populated with Taoist and especially Buddhist monasteries. The 6th century Songyue Pagoda(嵩岳塔寺) is also located here, as well as Tang Dynasty (618–907) pagodas within the Fawang Temple(法王寺).

2. Mount.Wuyi

Mount Wuyi(武夷山), lying in northern Fujian Province, covers an area of 60 square kilometers. Most of the hills here are made of red sandstone, very steep but flat on the top. The peaks and rocks of grotesque shapes are girded by clear streams and embraced by green trees and bamboo plants. The Nine-bend River, 60 kilometers long, meanders among the hills, presenting the most charming tourist route in this scenic zone.
    Mount Wuyi has a long cultural history. The site of the Wuyi Palace built in the seventh century for emperors to conduct sacrificial activities remains today. It had been an important center of China's Taoism and was listed as one of the top nine Taoist Temples in the 10th century. The mountain also boasts many other cultural relics including stone inscriptions.
    In 1999, Mount Wuyi entered the lists of world cultural and natural heritage.

3. Mount. Changbai(长白山)

Mount Changbai is also called Buxian Mountain, meaning it divine. Mount Changbai is a dormant volcano and is the highest volcanic cone with the biggest spout in the Northeast of China. It was formed about 2 million years ago. According to the historical materials, it has broken forth three times since the sixteenth century. Mount Changbai has a unique and particular geographic conformation and intriguing sceneries. There are more than 30 wonderful scenes which are famous at home and abroad. Ascending on the top of the mountain ranges, you can realize by yourself what was described in a Chinese poem: “Looking on the top of Mount Changbai, you will feel all the other mountains are so small compared with it.” It widens your visual field, and you cannot help acclaiming it as the peak of perfection. Influenced by the vertical topography of the hilly areas, Mount Changbai forms four scenery belts from temperate zone to Frigid Zone from the foot of the mountain to the top. A colorful natural and vertical scenery belt like this is rare even in the world. There are four seasons in the mountain and the weather varies from one place to another.

4. Mount Hua(华山)

Mount Hua is located in the Shaanxi Province, about 100 kilometers east of the city of Xi'an, near the city Huayin. Mt. Hua is known as “The Number One Precipitous Mountain under Heaven”. It is one of the five sacred mountains in China.
    It is famous for its natural vistas of steep and narrow paths, precipitous crags, and a high mountain range. It is home to several influential Taoist temples where emperors of past dynasties made pilgrimages, making Mt. Huashan the holy land of Taoism.

5. Mount.Tai

General introduction of Mount.Tai (泰山)
    As the leader of the 'Five Sacred Mountains', Mt.Tai is located in the east of North China Plain and the middle of Shandong province, and its main peak, Jade Emperor Summit, is about 1532.7 meters (5,029 feet) high.
    In ancient times, the first thing for an emperor to do on ascending to the throne was to climb Mt. Tai and Heaven (on the summit) and Earth (at the foot of the mountain) or their ancestors. It was said that 72 emperors of different dynasties made pilgrimages to this mountain. These special ceremonies and sacrifices earned the mountain widespread fame. In addition, many poets and literary scholars also visited the mountain to gain inspiration. The grandiose temples, the numerous stone inscriptions and stone tablets are the best testaments to these visits. Mt. Tai also played an important role in the development of Buddhism and Taoism. So in Dec.1987, it was included as "World Cultural and Natural Heritage" by UNESCO.
    Besides historic relics, Mount .Tai boasts unique natural scenery too. The lofty peaks, deep valleys, spectacular waterfalls, enchanting rocks and the centuries-old pines and cypresses will undoubtedly encourage you linger with no thought of leaving. The four wonders of the mountain are Sunrises from the East, the Sunset Glow, the Sea of Clouds and the Golden Belt along the Yellow River. It would be a great pity to miss the four wonders.

Information from: Travel in China
    www.foreignercn.com

huashan,precipitous and very steep mountain ,near xi'an of shaanxi,is very attractive

Comment

Hi binbint , thanks for providing me information on five famous mountains you must climb in china.

Hotels in manali , Hotels at manali
      Hotels in manali
      Luxury hotels in manali
      Visit kullu manali

Comment

Thanks for posting such kind of readable post. I liked very much.

Thanks

Comment

What about Himalaya? for climbing zealots!
          Love travel gogogo

tibet tour

jiuzhaigou tour

Comment

Thanks for this nice information.
            I would love to visit this place.

Comment

Mount Hua, or Hua Shan, or Xiyue is my favorite mount in China for climbing. This mountain is located at near the city of Huayin in Shaanxi province.
              I think this mountain is most dangerous location of climbing in the world. In other destination i like Mount Khuiten of Mongolia, Kilimanjaro of Tanzania and The Andes of Peru are my favorite site for hiking and climbing activities.
              This site give to you much reliable journey
              durham to new york bus

Comment

Binbint! I'm not a climber or a climbing lover, but I will really appreciate you for sharing this kind of great knowledge about the famous mountains of china with us, and I'm sure that it will be prove really helpful for the tourist, Especially for the Chinese tourists. who are going to china.

Comment

I agree on it, people who are into this kind of activities they need to be doing things according to what is going to suit them because surely that has a way out and at the same time discussing that and getting through it is a help for the professionals and liker also.
                  When it comes to my traveling i usually use fort lauderdale to boca raton that stays quite reasonable for me.

Comment

I agree with you. These are the best mountains for climbing as there are less chances for getting hurt.
                    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::Plan With US Your Dream Journey::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Comment

Well, I really like Asian countries, so if I get a chance to spend my holidays in china so I select these mountain place because it is a land of heaven where such exciting activities are located especially mountain climbing.
                      Last edited by RachelFrey; 03-31-2015, 06:09 AM.
                      World most popular tourist destinations in China !!

Comment

Mount Tai, Mount Emei, Mount Hua, Mount Wutai and Mount Jiuhua are the top five mountains of China. All these mountains are considered the sacred mountains of China as well as of the world. We can also enjoy the rich blend of natural beauty in these region.

Comment

I have no to much experience of it. Bu I have explored Mount Hua, Mount Everest and Mount Song once in my life and also climbing on these mountain. My brother love to enjoy this activity and has great experience of it. I would like to explore the other famous mountains in China and will enjoy lots of activities too.

Comment

There are best mountains for climbing. Mount Hua, or Hua Shan, or Xiyue is my favorite mount in China for climbing. Thank you so much for sharing it.
                            same day taj mahal tour by train | Golden Triangle Tour with Varanasi and Khajuraho | delhi jaipur same day tour by train

Comment

Amazing information and Mount Song is my one of favorite place to visit.
                              Taj mahal tour by train
                              Luxury homestay in agra near taj mahal |Best homestay in agra near taj mahal | Best Homestay agra | Homestay Near Taj Mahal | Luxury Home stay in agra | Homestay in agra | Budget hotel near taj mahal | Best hotel near taj mahal

Comment

Working...
                              X