Hangzhou City Tour Made Interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hangzhou City Tour Made Interesting

When visiting China, try dropping by Hangzhou. You’ll definitely love the experience of exploring the country’s rich and lavish beauty, history, and heritage.

Hangzhou ranks as one of the most essential tourism cities of China. It is the cultural, economic, and political centre of the Zhejiang province. The city is located southeast of China near Qiantang River. It is just 180 kilometres away from Shanghai. Thus, travelling from Shanghai or vice versa can be done without much fuss.

Why is Hangzhou an interesting place to visit during your tour? Will it not be interesting to go back to the traces of the cradle of none other than the premier Chinese civilization? About 4700 years back, the Liangzhu Culture prospered in Hangzhou being once the capital of the celebrated kingdoms of Yue and Wu.

As you travel around Hangzhou, you will find really remarkable historical, natural, and cultural sights to marvel at. Among the best scenic spots in the city are the Fuchun river-Xin’an River, the Tianmu natural preservation land, and the A-Thousand-Islet and the Daqishan forest parks. The city is mainly surrounded by hills, lakes, and other astonishing sightseeing spots.

I tell you, the West Lake is a majestic place to visit. I suggest that if it is possible, travel to China in October to catch the West Lake Expo celebration at Hangzhou. The West Lake Expo has become a traditional celebration dating back to 1929. It is usually held in the ten middle days of the month of October. Among the activities that the Expo boasts of are the superb International fireworks festival, the opening ceremony performances, and the revelry festival.

You see, China is truly a marvellous place of interest. Not only are its people interesting but also its trade, heritage, history, and scenic views are truly heart-warming. The next time you travel around Asia, pick China as your travel destination. Likewise, don’t fail to drop by Hangzhou.

Your post is interesting. I wish I can have an overview of those mentioned scenic spots. Can you show me some pictures of your travel at Hangzhou? Where can I possibly purchase a map so I can easily find my way at Hangzhou city?

Comment

Maps are usually available in the city’s local bookstores. The maps sold there are much practical to buy compared to those that can be printed out from the Internet. Some maps though are incorporated with Chinese characters yet reading them will be fairly easy especially if you’ve found a tour guide who’s willing to teach you a bit of their language. I’ve bought a map of Hangzhou during my visit but I forgot the name of the store. Don’t hesitate to ask help from the Chinese natives for directions. They are generally nice to foreigners, you know.

Comment

I really haven’t tried visiting Hangzhou yet. The last time I came to China, I stayed at Beijing. What’s the exact date of the West Lake Expo celebration this year? I might try it out after all.

Comment

Working...
        X