Getting that Thrilling Cycling Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting that Thrilling Cycling Experience

You think that cycling in China is crazy? No way!

For sure you’ve seen a typical Chinese movie where the characters ride their bikes on their way to various destinations. Now when you go to China, it will be a common sight to see people boarding their bicycles as these are the perfectly popular means of transportation for them. That makes the Chinese people the biggest cycling population in Asia.

Finding your way in China will be easier with a bicycle. If you intend to take a glimpse of the ancient Great Wall of China, the Beijing temple, and the rest of the historic locations in the country, then riding your bicycle will make your tour more comfortable.

If you are a cyclist, then China is going to be one of the best vacation spots you’ll ever want to return to. The country itself is so vast that your limited time of stay will obviously restrict you to visit some cycling spots. If this is the case, you have to address the problem by focusing on one specific area. Believe me; China is so huge that in two year’s time of cycling, you don’t have to cross the same roads.

Among the best cycling spots in China are Yunnan, Guilin Area, and Sichuan. You still have other choices of course but based on my experience, I still recommend these three.

Cycling in Yunnan is totally fantastic as you do a round trip ride to Dali, Baoshan, Xishuangbana, to Kunming.
    Cycling from Yunnan to the Guilin areas take about three weeks.

Sichuan is the best place if you wish to ride from Chengdu towards Xian. On the way, you can marvel at the fantastic rocks caves of Guangyuan.

Furthermore, I urge you to purchase a provincial map which is widely available in the bookstores of the province of your destination. Also, instead of checking in at the expensive hotels, you can ask the natives for some really cheap lodges as you won’t be staying there for long. You can always bargain at these lodges and finally get to enjoy a comfy room with television and relaxing bath amenities.

So where do you want to start? The choice is up to you. On a day to day basis, you can surely cover several miles and discover the wonders that China envelops in its own domicile.

My dad is a cyclist. I told him about your post and he said he’ll love to try out the cycling areas you’ve recommended. Can you give me the list of affordable hotels in each of these cycling areas that you mentioned?

Comment

This is great! I mean, cycling for let’s say three weeks straight? I can’t believe you guys can do that! Well, I’ll be visiting China soon and I’ll give cycling a thought. Thanks for the post anyway.

Comment

I had this friend who really tried out cycling in the vicinities of Beijing and he said it’s really enjoyable. You can also try renting the electric bicycles if you don’t want to get tired of using the pedals.

Comment

Wow! I can't wait to go cycling in China!

Comment

Working...
          X