Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nepal luxury walking holiday

Hay !

I just went on a luxury walking holiday with a group and I found it a brilliant holiday. This is for those who like hiking but are also fond of comfortable stay in surreal places. This is the best Himalayan experience without roughing it up. We combined moderate day hiking with relaxing stay in best Nepalese Hotels and Resorts.
    Staying at Dwarika's in Kathmandu was great way to introduce cultural and architectural heritage of Kathmandu. The boutique style museum hotel with collection of artifacts since 13th century arises unlimited curiosities. Guided walking through the old Kathmandu to Kathmandu Durbar Square and visit to Swyambhunath with an expert guide answered them all.
    After couple of days in Kathmandu, we headed to Bandipur, 142 km wet of Kathmandu. The little medieval town of Bandipur was perched high up from the Kathmandu - Pokhara highway. Little walk around gave a deep insight into Nepalese mountain culture. 'Old Inn' was the typical Newari house refurbished to comfort tourists. We loved sitting outside the terrace and watch sunrise over the Himalayas with sip of morning coffee. Next day we walked 3 hrs west to the Magar village of Ramkot.
    Our next beautiful hiking was to Begnaskot. Here we stayed in Begnas lake Resort. The resort is in complete natural setting with serene Begnas Lake in one side and the lush forest in the other side. Since it was away from the bustle of main town, there were plenty of activities. We visited to the community coffee collection center and learned about coffee.
    Hiking to Begnaskot was gradual uphill all the way to the top of 1,200 m. But the view worth the effort. Giant peaks of Annapurna were soaring right in front of us.
    Our another walk was from Pumdi village to World Peace Stupa. This walking was pleasant as the car did the climbing part to Pumdi village. We followed the dirt road along the ridge coming across charming villages and farmed terraces. The view of the Himalayas and the turquoise Phewa lake was awe inspiring. We climbed down to southern bank of Phewa from the World Peace pagoda and then took a boat to Fishtail Lodge. The lodge was uniquely located in the quieter side of Phewa with great view. The property is lapped on one side by the lake and the other side by thick lush woods.
    We flew back to Kathmandu and went to Dhulikhel. From Dhulikhel, we hiked to Namo Buddha. This was another beautiful walk and the stay in Dhulikhel mountain Resort was amazing.
    So all of my team agreed that this wouldn't have been better. We had a comfortable walking holiday in Nepal with Himalayan view. This is where you can find day to day itinerary. Nepal village walking tour with luxury hotels and Himalayan scenery
    Nepal Tour

I am thankful to you for sharing such sufficient post with us. I am great lover of hiking trails and to spend time in such spots with my younger brother. these days I am on my bus tour niagara falls from nyc and after that will make a plan to go for Kathmandu to enjoy the beauty of this region. I am sure it will be an exciting tour for me.

Comment

Kathmandu is a nice capital city of Nepal. It is the most popular city for tourism. There are beautiful and amazing destinations. Like: Historical places, lakes, mountains, temples, museum and parks. I would love to go there in my next free time.

Comment

Jase! you are right Kathmandu is a really nice destination. I visited many time sin my life Nepal. I have some knowledge about Kathmandu, which I share with all of you. Like Kathmandu is the capital and largest municipality of Nepal. It also hosts the headquarters of SAARC. It is the only city of Nepal with the administrative status of Mahanagar, as compared to UPA-Mahanagar. I want to visit again and I see its natural beauty.

Comment

tomammi...! I really like to shared your attractive image that looks very nice. Kathmandu is a great place for history lovers to explore on earth. I also visited there about three years ago with my friends. We stay there for two days and had an awesome experience there. I captured many images this beautiful destination in my camera.

Comment

I will like to thanks to saying you jack567!. you are like my sharing image. No w/I like to share with you I have a plan to visit in next month Kathmandu, But I like to ask about ist some favourite and best attractions names. Would you like to share with me now I ma busy in my bus tours from boston.

Comment

Tomammi! All these places are best to explore in this city. You must visit the attraction and make your travel time full of fun and excitement.
              Boudhanath
              Swayambhunath
              Pashupatinath Temple
              Durbar Square
              Dharahara
              Old Freak Street
              Natural History Museum of Nepal

I am ready to go for my boat tours washington dc.

Comment

Working...
              X