No announcement yet.

Everest Diamond Jubilee trek May 2013 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everest Diamond Jubilee trek May 2013 !

On the occasion of Diamond jubilee celebration of first Everest ascent, we are going to organize a special trekking reaching Everest Base Camp on 29th May to mark the day of first successful ascent on world's tallest mountain in 1953 by Sir Edmund Hilllary and Tenzing Sherpa. Anybody interested, can feel free to write to us.
    Regards,
    TripNepal

This is gonna be a nice festive to attain an hoping to join as I live neighboring to Himalaya> I may not be able to trek but attaining this festive gonna be one of the most memorable moment of my life.

Comment

it's great that you are thinking of taking part in Everest Diamond Jubilee celebration. Hopefully you will also make up your mind to personally do the trek. Maybe the people you know and come across might also find it interesting and consider joining. Hope to hear from you.

Comment

Nepal celebrated the 60th anniversary of the conquest of Mount Everest on Wednesday by honouring climbers who followed in the footsteps of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.
        Among them was Italian Reinhold Messner, the first climber to scale Everest without using bottled oxygen and the first person to climb all of the world’s 14 highest peaks.

Norgay and Sir Edmund became the first men to reach the 29,028ft (8,848 metres) summit on May 29 1953 in an expedition led by John Hunt, a British Army colonel.

They conquered the world's highest mountain three days before the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II but the news did not filter through to London until the morning of the coronation itself.

Comment

Working...
        X