Sites in South Africa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sites in South Africa

So what are the major tourist and travel sites to visit when one heads down to South Africa?

I always use Yahoo travel to find out places.
    Here is the link if you dont know.
    Yahoo Life is your source for style, beauty, and wellness, including health, inspiring stories, and the latest fashion trends.

Comment

You've got to visit Cape TOwn. It's a really interesting place.

Comment

The safari-- it could be the best adventure of your life!

Comment

Major Sites have to be:-

Kruger National Park
          Cape Town, (table mountain, great white diving, wine tasting, cape peninsular)
          The Garden Route (running from George to close to Cape Town)
          Bungee Jumping at Bloukrans Bridge (highest in the world 216 m !!)
          Tsitsikamma rain forest (tree top safari on zip wires 30 m off the ground)
          Surfing in Durban
          Drakensburg mountains

The list is endless !!

Cheers banners

Comment

Originally posted by banners View Post
            Major Sites have to be:-

Kruger National Park
            Cape Town, (table mountain, great white diving, wine tasting, cape peninsular)
            The Garden Route (running from George to close to Cape Town)
            Bungee Jumping at Bloukrans Bridge (highest in the world 216 m !!)
            Tsitsikamma rain forest (tree top safari on zip wires 30 m off the ground)
            Surfing in Durban
            Drakensburg mountains

The list is endless !!

Cheers banners
            Absolutely all of those ... and more! It depends on how much time you have and what you like doing. If you're into nature and a carefree, hippy-type then Port St Johns and the Wild Coast regions (e.g Coffee Bay) are a must-see. For culture types there are the World Heritage sites at Maropeng and Sterkfontein Caves. My favorite trip, as a local, was doing a 10 day guided minibus tour along the garden route via Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Oudtshoorn (think Cango Caves & wildlife reserve), Aliwal Spa, Drakensberg and Howick to Durban. Brilliant!!

Greetings from Cape Town!

Comment

This was one of the highlights of my trip in Africa, although we sat in the Angels Armchair (which could actually be Devil's Pool too). We waded out to the "pool" and hopped in, there is a rock ledge about 1/2 metre wide that stops you floating over....you can only do this at a certain times of year when the water ilevel is lower and water is not flowing so hard.

Sitting there leaning over and looking down the falls was just amazing. You can see people on the Zimbabwe side looking at you, because all they can see is your heads bobbing in the water!

And yes I would do it again.....(I also bunjied that day so a daredevil day for me)
              Rajasthan Tour Package

Comment

it guess that you are an animal lover persona. am i right.
                Rajasthan Tour Package

Comment

the wildlife in south africa
                  pleasing vacations

Comment

South Africa is really a gr8 place. There are beach's for every season and every reason. which makes it a special place. Then u should go to Cape Town it is really a beautiful city it has The mountains, the waterfronts, the wine land & having the attractions like whale watching. Then u should move to the Durban here u will find the gr8 night life’s & Pubs, bars which u are not going to get anywhere in the world. There is a problem of finding accommodation so u should book ur accommodation first before going. I had booked from calculatemytrip.com & i felt it was ok so u should also go for some online site for booking

Comment

Hello,
                      You can try looking here, aboutafricasafari.com for more information about africa, accommodation, safari africa tour etc...
                      "Everything has its beauty but not everyone sees it"
                      computer repairs Melbourne
                      Limousine hire Melbourne

Comment

I know one more website which have great travel and tourism information about South Africa.
                        Spring Break Travel | india tourism

Comment

SANPARKS Website has more info on South Africa

South African National Parks - Sanparks, has a very good updated website (South Africa National Parks - SANParks - Official Website - Accommodation, Activities, Prices, Reservations) with a lot of sites you can visit. They actually have 3 cameras at three different locations in the jungle which upload pictures to the web every 30 seconds. A very cool feature for their website indeed. Check it out, quite nice!

Webcams at SANParks - South African National Parks

I hope in future, as bandwidth improves in Africa, we are going to witness more camera's in jungles doing live streaming!
                          2010 World Cup | 2010 Dating

Comment

Definitely, Cape Town is one of the top tourist destinations in South Africa. It has plenty of outstanding beaches and places where number of tourist comes from all over the world especially for Table Mountain.
                            Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts

Comment

Senegal is also a must to visit. The country has many safaris that you can drop by and their culture would be a delight for those who want to learn more about them.
                              Plan to Work Abroad? Have a Work in Australia nowJobs in Australia - PrincipalVisas.com

Comment

Working...
                              X