What do I need for Kenya travel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need for Kenya travel?

I'll be traveling to Kenya on Safari. What do I need to have prior to travel? any tips and information that can help make my Kenya stay fun will be helpful. I'll be there for 2 weeks.

Freshwater

Comment

Which country are you from? Depending on your country of origin, you may need a Kenya visa to enter Kenya. Make sure you have a passport. Although immunization is not mandatory, take precautions and take some malaria tablets. Kenya has a tropical climate so pack medium to light clothing. Get more information on travel tips from Kenya Information Guide - your help, travel guide and everything about Kenya.
      Kenya visa

Comment

Not much of a trick just fold all your clothes before you travel and put them in the large zip lock bags making sure to press out all the excess air before closing. At first this might seem silly but it allows you to look through all your stuff without really disturbing anything.
        World Connect

Comment

Don’t worry, you may visit Kenya with least formalities, though it also depends upon your country. There are many online travel agencies that can guide you to plan a tour.
          Last edited by Manne; 04-06-2009, 01:35 PM.
          Luxury beach resorts
          Luxury hotels in Paris

Comment

What do I need for Kenya travel?

When going on a safari you definitely need a very good cap to shelter you from sun,and a binocular because usually we can see a safari from a distance and with these instruments you will see them better and lastly you must have a very good camera which can click a photo from quite a distance.

Discount Vacation Packages
            3 Day Cruises

Comment

Remember that Kenya has a tropical climate. You should prepare yourself for a wide variety of conditions that may include dust, and wet, hot and/or cool weather. Put careful thought into your preparations and pack accordingly depending on your reason for traveling to Kenya and the activities you intend to participate in.

Furthermore, make certain that your luggage can withstand harsh conditions as well, particularly if you intend to travel to different parts of the country. You also need to keep the requirements of the airline you will be flying with in mind. And don't forget to leave some space to bring back gifts!

Here are some basics to have when packing for your trip to Kenya:

* Camera
              * Basic essentials
              * Comfortable, lightweight, and casual clothes (if you are on a safari, neutral is best, bright and bold is not)
              * Comfortable and strong shoes or boots
              * Brimmed hat
              * Sunscreen
              * Insect repellent
              * Formal / Occasional wear (depending on your reason for travel)
              * Toiletries
              * Prescription medication
              * Sunglasses (and a spare pair)
              * Medical kit (for exploration)
              * Swiss Army Knife (for exploration)
              * Flashlight (for exploration)
              * Video camera and accessories
              * Binoculars
              * Travel documents - passport, visa, others
              * Vaccination Certificates
              * Insurance Documents
              * Traveler's cheques
              * Credit / Debit cards

Safety & Security

You always want to be aware of your surroundings when traveling away from home. Traveling to Kenya is no different. Be vigilant when in public places and even more when venturing out at night. Incase of robbery, report the incident at the nearest police station. Kenya has a Tourist Safety and Communication Center that is always on call. They offer a 24hr tourist helpline (02-604767) where you can seek assistance if needed.
              Holiday Homes

Comment

Hmm, Kenya is one of the best places for wild life safari and I am providing you to link where you can see all information and tips about Kenya travel. I hope it will be more helpful for your tour. Below is the link:
                Travel Smart: Kenya Travel Tips
                Virginia bed and breakfast | Victorian inn bed and breakfast | Romantic bed and breakfasts

Comment

There's a risk of catching malaria pretty much everywhere you travel in Kenya. The highlands used to be a low-risk area, but even there you have to be careful and take precautions. Kenya is home to the chloroquine-resistant strain of malaria as well as several others. Make sure your doctor or travel clinic knows you are traveling to Kenya (don't just say Africa) so s/he can prescribe the right anti-malarial medication.
                  Uganda Safaris|Gorilla Safaris

Comment

If you have a need for Kenya travel then you can choose one skyscanner, dearflight, cheapflights and makemytrip etc.

Comment

Well if you are going to kenya for safari most important thing is your transport it should be 4*4 full tank of fuel, snacks, water, if you want to book it i can suggest you a site which was best for me i book my every thing tickets from there euroafricatravel.co.ke

Comment

Kenya is an amazing place for visit. It is a home of plenty mesmerizing attractions among the visitors such as, Lake Nakuru, Nairobi National Park, Ngong Hills and Rusinga Island. If you want to go there so I suggest you must visit these places and enjoy the beauty of this place.

Comment

Rusinga Island is the most visited attraction of Kenya. It is also famous island and my favorite too. I visited there about few years ago during my summer holidays. I enjoyed its charm of nature beauty. It is a great place for trekking lovers. Visitors can great fun there through different activities like swimming, trekking, surfing, boating and scuba diving.

Comment

I visited once in my life while a year ago. I remember some activities which I enjoy there with my friends. Rusinga Island is a really nice destination for travelling point of view. Rusinga Island, with an elongated shape approximately 10 miles from end to end and 3 miles at its widest point, lies in the eastern part of Lake Victoria. I want to visit again there for having fun.
                            Last edited by tomammi; 12-29-2015, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Really good to see that the information shared here which are truly nice and good, I really like the names of attractions that are in above posts, I really like this and so sure about that it will be really good and nice for me to try anything like this for sure for having great fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X