Friouato Caves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friouato Caves

The Friouato caves or cave are located about 30 km south of the city of Taza, Morocco. The farthest explored known point is about 272 meters, but its real limits are still mysterious. However, experts believe that its ends stretch to about 3.5 kilometers. There are also signs of an underground river that is believed to flow near the Grottes of Chiker. People of the nearby village say that there have been many explorers visiting the cave, some of whom never came back.

A cave diving expedition by Exeter University Speleological Society passed two static sumps in 1969 to discover more large chambers and shafts. The system ends in a massive choke of boulders. This may well be the same massive choke of boulders that can be seen at the end of the upststream passages of the nearby Grotte du Chiker; this choke was also discovered in 1969 by the same group of cavers. These were taken in 1976 during an expedition by the Cerberus Speleological Society from the UK.

Near the town of Taza lies one of the most breathtaking natural attractions in Morocco. The Friouato Caves, or Gouffre de Friouato, make up the largest known cave system in Northern Africa and the site has become increasing popular with visitors and tourists. Gouffre de Friouato was first explored by Norbet Casteret in the year 1930 and, thanks to his efforts, the caves can now be enjoyed by many.

The road leading to the Friouato Caves is quite steep, but is fortunately tarred for most of the way. All guests and visitors to the caves will be lead on this amazing journey by a guide who will take them safely through the cave system. To enter the caves, visitors need to descend down a hundred-meter shaft to reach several large chambers. It is also recommended that visitors take their own flashlights with them as the caves are extremely dark inside. A warm jacket should also be worn since many find the caves to be a little cold. Comfortable and sturdy walking shoes are advisable since a little climbing and navigation through rocky and slippery areas form part of the cave exploration journey.

The Friouato Caves stretch for kilometers underground, with the deepest cavern being 150 feet deep. Some parts along the way tend to be quite narrow but the few struggles along the way are definitely worth the effort. The caves are decorated in beautiful stalagmites and rock features. Their true beauty can be seen when shining a flashlight on them and seeing them sparkle in the light. Water and many slimy rocks and stones are also found in the cave. And, as with any cave system, the Friouato Caves are home to a large family of bats.

Professional cave explorers have ventured as far as 272 meters deep into the caves and it is believed that there is an underground river that flows near the Grottes du Chiker. This cave system stretches for 3.8 kilometers and is it is not advisable that inexperienced cavers attempt to explore it.
    Find the most interesting place from attractions guide
    Find the similar links
    List of hotels |Imports Company

Morocco is nice place to visit and a very lovely place to spend holidays there.I like this place but never travel travel to it.I would like to go to these caves in the next year.Its really awesome to see.I have been seen many amazing place because I,m a tourist by profession and love to see the worlds beautiful places and collect some informative stuff about these.I like it.
    This site give to you much reliable journey
    durham to new york bus

Comment

Morocco is a country of mountains and deserts and Atlas Mountains are the best tourist point over there. When we went there, take the help of a guide and he provides knowledgeable and happy answers to the questions. It has about 2,500 km long range of mountains. We also take the pictures of awesome sun set during this trip.
      I'm ready to visit Belize top beaches.

Comment

Ash, I never went to Morocco in my whole traveling life. You or any other member likes to tell me about some famous attractions of this country? I have a plan to see this country in coming month with my friends. So reply me as soon as possible.

Comment

Guys! Morocco is a nice country of Africa. There are a beautiful and amazing destinations. This is the Arabic and European influences on the culture. Here I am going to share some popular destinations name of the Morocco:
          Bahia Palace
          Chellah
          High Atlas
          El Badi Palace
          Cape Malabata
          There are very nice and historical places for tourism. I hope you will like to share information about Morocco.

Comment

Grotte Friouato is a best place where tourist can enjoy adventuress activities. I have been there about few years ago with my friends. I stay there fer few hours and had lots of fun there through different activities like trekking, hiking thrilling that tourist can enjoy there. I will suggest you to must go there once.

Comment

I like to share with all of you I have been visited Bahia Palace at once in my life, it is a rock famous attraction in Morocco, Morocco has many attractions but I like to say I like it this attractions. I want to go there again for enjoying some days there. Now I like to share with you its an image, hope all of you like it

Comment

Tomami you have shared such ana awesome views with all of us. Which grabbed my attention towards them a lot. Bahia Palace is such a nice destination for a,ll kinds of visitors. I personal have been there only once in my life and have a great experience there. I would love to suggest all members must visit this place at least once.

I am going to take mine Santa Barbara bus tour package.

Comment

Well buddy that is really right that you have no idea about the and i am so sure that it will be one of the most effective thing for me to hav fun on that, and surely it will be amazing and fabulous time for me to have fun there, and i just want to say that keep sharing like this time.

Comment

It's our goodness, you have liked our shared information. I am quite happy after reading this and would like to recommend you if you never been there in your life so must make a ,move there at least once in youir life. Anyway, if you will ge a chance to be there so what like to do there??

Comment

If in my life, I have got a chance to explore Bahia Palace. Then I will enjoy lots of things there. Let me share those things names which I should do there.
                      Atlas and Marrakech Day Tours
                      Riad Al Ksar & Spa
                      Musee Tiskiwin
                      Hammam Ziani
                      El Badi Palace
                      Amira Tourisme

Quite happy about my niagara fall trip from new york.

Comment

Well buddy, you have a nice plan for your tour. Now I will also liek to plan my tour and will visit all these places in my tour and will enjoy exploring them. Except thes eplaces I would liek to see some more famous plces of this country and will enjoy my tour fully. Soo I will go there maybe in next month. Then I will enjoy visiting these places.

Comment

Jesse12! I must say that you have shared such nice names about the Bahia Palace. I have never been to there yet in my whole traveling life and seriously this will be a great time period for me. So keep it more up and have a great time there ahead. I will be there before making my east coast tours from nyc. Hopefully this first time will be very nice for me.

Comment

Working...
                          X