Trying to Save my Town!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to Save my Town!

Good Afternoon all, my name is Mike and I live in a mining town called Oranjemund, situated in The Sperrgebiet (Forbidden Area) of Namibia. The entire town is owned by the DeBeers mining group and is situated in the corner of the worlds Oldest Desert, The Namib desert...the town is a private town with strict regulations to enter due to the rich diamond fields that are being exploited here...... the diamonds are starting to run out and our town is going to die as the population decreases..... the DeBeers group poured money into the town for the last 50 years to develop it.... and now they are getting ready to pull out.... I do not want to see my town die, and all the green grass return to the desert.... So I am trying to encourage people to visit this part of the world, if they are into big empty spaces with great people, bonfires on empty beaches and clean air....with great wildlife.... please read more about my town at SPERRGEBIET VACTION PROJECT - The Unspoiled Namib

thanks for your time.......
    Last edited by Manne; 10-09-2009, 01:14 PM.

SOme Snaps From my town....

As I stated, green oasis in a desert, the baby gemsboks are wild, the entire town is in a nature conservation area the size of the UK so the animals walk around wild between the locals........

Notice the water that we have in the river next to the town and the stark contrast of the sand dunes in the background, the highest sand dunes in the world can be found in Namibia.,... we also boast the 2 nd largest canyon in the world...

Comment

Working...
    X